The Final Goodbye | Teen Ink

The Final Goodbye

By emparente PLATINUM, Cooper City, Florida
emparente PLATINUM, Cooper City, Florida

The music vibrated through the auditorium like a warm crackle of thunder. This was their last tour, the final goodbye. I could feel the emotion pour out of their lyrics as my heart beated to the melody. I wanted so badly for this moment to last until the sun came up tomorrow morning. I glanced at each of the band members; who had added infinite amounts of passion to each song they wrote. Over the years, this band had become my closest friend, my family, my strongest supporter. They didn’t know who I was, but they didn’t need to.
The crowd was roaring like a lion at the lead singer’s mention of a past album. He stared out into the crowd, his eyes were set on fire with sentiment. He cleared his throat, a raspy British voice echoed through the theater, “We were just a couple of teacher’s kids who wanted to form a rock band back in 1996.” He stops, staring at the open audience in front of him. “We want to thank each and every one of you, for living through this journey with us. Through chaos as it swirls it’s us against the world, right?” he says, smiling when the crowd beams at his song reference.
The steady beat of violins erupt from the stage, and the mass of fans begin clapping to the rhythm of the band’s most popular song. In this moment, I am connected to each and every person around me. Our hearts are beating in sync, our minds are on the same wave, and our bodies are pulsating with adoration as we witness the final goodbye. I don’t know one other person in this auditorium, but I don’t need to; we have one notion in common, Coldplay.

Coldplay's new album was released today and I could feel the excitement pulse through my veins.