Someday | Teen Ink

Someday

By CrystalDagger GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado
CrystalDagger GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado

As I screeched in terror I watched as my friend was being ruthlessly shoved into his locker. Lance Benton was the most popular kid in school. He was also the most hostile menace in school. His girlfriend was Clara Holmes.  Clara was wild stallion-like firebrand with lush, blond hair given to her by her British mom. We used to be close friends. Most people, including her parents, say that Lance corrupted her. Suddenly his two partners in crime arrived. They were Carson Skidds and Gabriella Maxton. 

Carson was the type of kid that would do anything for his “bad boy” friends. Even though he would take a kid’s crutches and use them as his own. While Gabriella would follow Carson anywhere, no matter what the consequence. It was a nightmare reawakened.
Then there was Kyle Bryant, he was my best friend.  Ever since preschool we’ve hung out with each like two cannon balls stuffed into an ancient musket just waiting for the flint stock to strike the hammer.
Carson wrapped his abrupt, enormous wrists around my arms. Lance grabbed Kyle out of his locker, slammed him into a wall, and threw him across the hallway. I screamed so loud that I think that glass shattered like the echoing sound of a dusk, eerie cave.  That had just added to the ear-splitting sound of pounding lockers and deadly, threatening cries of pain. A crowd had gathered around us to see all the commotion. Unfortunately, all of our teachers were at a conference, and substitutes didn’t care what we students did.
   As I kicked and shrieked, Carson’s grip just grew tighter. I finally got so exhausted, that I had blacked out. In my mind only one phrase constantly repeated in my head. “Someday, tyrants like them will be long perished.”

Chapter 2
    When I awoke, I was in the soothing backseat of my parent’s modern and customized minivan. My parents were dead silent in the front seat. I stole a vast glance at my brother Tyler.  The unshed tears in his eyes glimmered like crystals in the blinding of sunlight.  I saw my father’s dispirited eyes flash towards the mirror.
“Are you alright sweetheart?” he asked with a hint of worry in his voice.  And at that, Tyler embraced me in a heart shattering hug. I wept all the way to the next digital stoplight. The sun flared through the glass window as a light leak spread across the navy blue van. As soon as I fell asleep, my memories of that moment came back in flashes, barely allowing me to recall them. It was straining to even move as I was hoisted up into the arms of my father, and my body was like a doll as I bounced when I was carried up the glossy wooden stairs.  I was gracefully placed in bed, and that was when I thought “Someday, the future will be in my favor.”