What is Betrayal? | Teen Ink

What is Betrayal?

May 10, 2016
By mandywrites GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
mandywrites GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
18 articles 6 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Why breathe when you can just die?" -My best friend


        What is betrayal, you ask? Oh, well that’s simple. Betrayal is when you tell someone something in confidentiality, and they don’t think twice about telling it to someone else, someone who knows you or doesn’t, and didn’t even ask you about it first. Betrayal is when someone won’t even try to understand your side of the story, just automatically says you’re wrong because they don’t like what you’re saying. Betrayal is when someone keeps something from you that you’ve really ought to know, either because it affects you or is about you. Betrayal is arguing over everything, every little thing, because they think you’re wrong for no reason other than that you have differing opinions. Betrayal is switching sides instead of staying loyal to one person. Betrayal feels like the whole world is against you. You are a sitting duck in the middle of the apocalypse. You can’t do anything to stop what’s going on around you. And it all hit you so hard that you don’t even know what to feel, so you don’t feel anything. You just sit there, as all the debri rain down around you. It’s the end of the world. And the worst part? Betrayal never comes from your enemies.


The author's comments:

Slightly dramatic (as everything I write is), but accurate. Hope you guys can relate to this (though I assume you can).