Waking Up | Teen Ink

Waking Up

August 4, 2018
By MarWest SILVER, White Plains, New York
MarWest SILVER, White Plains, New York
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If it's not alright, it's not the end."


The sun fell upon the bed with the gentle greeting that the early morning always gave. Lucas spread out his arm from underneath the pillow where his head rest to feel for where Olivia should have been. Her body heat was still quite fresh lingering on the white sheets. "Morning sunshine," Olivia said as she put in her last earring standing by the mirror right near the bed. 
"Good morning," Lucas grumbled his voice with the edge of sleep still in it.  
Olivia took her focus herself in the mirror to Lucas on the bed whose eyes were slightly closing a second longer than they should have been if he were fully awake. She gave him a small smile and, jumped onto the bed landing right next to him. Her body reuniting with the spot she had just formerly left vacant. Olivia looked at Lucas right in his hazel eyes. 
"Did I ever tell you how you're easier on the eyes than most guys?" Olivia teased.  
Her eyes moved on studying his smooth fair skin, his pink lips, and brown hair that wasn't long enough to be shaggy quite yet but, wasn't short enough that his hair was so close to his scalp either. She ran her light brown hand alongside the skin and muscles over his arm that wasn't at body builder level but, were defined to the level that Olivia would notice girls on the street stare at his arm for a moment too long.  
Lucas gave a shy grin to her. "You aren't so bad yourself." He leaned in to kiss her but, she lowered her head to where instead of his lips meeting with hers they met with her forehead.  
"What -," Lucas started but, Olivia interrupted him "Lucas I love you but, I certainly don't love your foul morning breath," 
Olivia sat up and started to put on her shoes that were beside her half of the bed.  
"Ugh, stay with me today," Lucas said with his hand reaching out and giving a gentle tug at Olivia's arm. Olivia turned her head halfway to face him. "You know I can't do that," she said.  
"But, still Liv stay with me today we could just hang out. Don't go to the hospital. Can't you just start your internship tomorrow or something?" 
"You know that isn't possible. This hospital is notorious for being hard asses to interns," Olivia said getting up to reach for her purse and jacket which was located on the chair across from their bed.  
"I'll miss you," Lucas said.  
"Me too," Olivia smiled as she walked out of the bedroom down the hall and out of the apartment.  


The author's comments:

Lucas and Olivia are a couple. They've arrived to the first day, the morning of her internship at the local hospital. 

This piece was based upon a photo I saw on tumblr.