His Chevy Pickup | Teen Ink

His Chevy Pickup

April 9, 2009
By morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
34 articles 0 photos 93 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan


"He's like no one else I've ever seen before," I whispered to my best friend Riley with wide eyes as my crush pulled into the school parking lot with a beat up, rustic looking Chevy Pickup. It was red, and scratched, and...fabulous. Out climbed an average sized boy with short brown hair just covering his ears, and deep brown eyes framed with dark black lashes. His straight, ultra-white smile sent a bolt of adrenaline through my veins whenever he smiled at me. His deep tan whitened the smile and made me gush. Suddenly, the voices of everyone around me seemed very, very, muted and very far away as I slipped off into a place that I could only hope would ever become a reality.

"Keeeennnnnnnndrra!" he said in a sing songy voice as he picked me up by the waist in his strong hands and kissed my freckled cheek. He looked into my brown eyes with his and smiled. It never ceased to amaze me that his smile made me feel the same every time. The butterflies in my stomach died down and I gently grabbed his hand and sprinted as fast as I could through the lily field with him laughing behind me. The birds in the background sang a tune that belonged only to us as we trampled through the prarie grass. I giggled as he tried to trip me. We came to a bank and I plunged head over heels down the steep hill. He chased after me, and plucked me from the ground as if I was a feather. In fact, I was. I was a shrunken, 100 pound sophmore with a lot of friends, and a boyfriend looking into my eyes playfully. I turned on my mental stereo, and my very own version of Tim McGraw melted into the bird's singing. The sweet song belonged to only him and me as we plopped down by shimmering, peaceful, Swan Lake. I looked into his eyes, and smiled, resting my head on his shoulder. He lightly rubbed his callused hand up and down my arms, giving me goosebumps. It was perfect, and my love for him was real.

Suddenly, voices came into earshot and I heard a continous voice above all the others. "Keeeeeennnndrrrrraaa! Keeeennnnnndrrrraaaa! Wake up!" It was Riley. I blinked, and shook my silky brown bob. "My bad, Riles, I'm sorry. Dude, I totally spaced." Riley laughed. "It's almost like the sight of his rustic pickup put you in a trance. I think it gorgeous, but everyone keeps making fun of it. It has so much meaning you know? So rustic and retro. It's perfect. I can see you riding off with him...a perrr-fect Tim McGraw scene."

I smiled slightly at my friend's words. That was exactly how I felt about him, and his vehicle. My slight smile turned into a full blast grin. I trotted toward the front doors of the school and mixed in with the other students. I shook my head and muttered low enough so no one could hear, "I love you, Weslie. You and you're Chevy Pickup."