His Chevy Pickup | Teen Ink

His Chevy Pickup

By morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

"He's like no one else I've ever seen before," I whispered to my best friend Riley with wide eyes as my crush pulled into the school parking lot with a beat up, rustic looking Chevy Pickup. It was red, and scratched, and...fabulous. Out climbed an average sized boy with short brown hair just covering his ears, and deep brown eyes framed with dark black lashes. His straight, ultra-white smile sent a bolt of adrenaline through my veins whenever he smiled at me. His deep tan whitened the smile and made me gush. Suddenly, the voices of everyone around me seemed very, very, muted and very far away as I slipped off into a place that I could only hope would ever become a reality.

"Keeeennnnnnnndrra!" he said in a sing songy voice as he picked me up by the waist in his strong hands and kissed my freckled cheek. He looked into my brown eyes with his and smiled. It never ceased to amaze me that his smile made me feel the same every time. The butterflies in my stomach died down and I gently grabbed his hand and sprinted as fast as I could through the lily field with him laughing behind me. The birds in the background sang a tune that belonged only to us as we trampled through the prarie grass. I giggled as he tried to trip me. We came to a bank and I plunged head over heels down the steep hill. He chased after me, and plucked me from the ground as if I was a feather. In fact, I was. I was a shrunken, 100 pound sophmore with a lot of friends, and a boyfriend looking into my eyes playfully. I turned on my mental stereo, and my very own version of Tim McGraw melted into the bird's singing. The sweet song belonged to only him and me as we plopped down by shimmering, peaceful, Swan Lake. I looked into his eyes, and smiled, resting my head on his shoulder. He lightly rubbed his callused hand up and down my arms, giving me goosebumps. It was perfect, and my love for him was real.

Suddenly, voices came into earshot and I heard a continous voice above all the others. "Keeeeeennnndrrrrraaa! Keeeennnnnndrrrraaaa! Wake up!" It was Riley. I blinked, and shook my silky brown bob. "My bad, Riles, I'm sorry. Dude, I totally spaced." Riley laughed. "It's almost like the sight of his rustic pickup put you in a trance. I think it gorgeous, but everyone keeps making fun of it. It has so much meaning you know? So rustic and retro. It's perfect. I can see you riding off with him...a perrr-fect Tim McGraw scene."

I smiled slightly at my friend's words. That was exactly how I felt about him, and his vehicle. My slight smile turned into a full blast grin. I trotted toward the front doors of the school and mixed in with the other students. I shook my head and muttered low enough so no one could hear, "I love you, Weslie. You and you're Chevy Pickup."

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

THis is just a random piece I constructed, they don't appear in any other piece of my work.  lol...and thanks!

amaranth178 said...
amaranth178, Washington, District Of Columbia
The character you invented is pretty interesting. Have you written any other pieces involving these teens or was this an idea you decided to develop? Good job, though. It's consistent and it kept my interest. (please read my work and offer some criticism)

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

I have never seen the Princess Bride...LOL so no it was not inspired by that movie... ;) I would never try to plagerize in any way...

Thanks for the great comment!! :)

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

Wow I love this. The way you just slide into the day-dream. You displayed some amazing talent here. But I must ask because to references are tugging at my memory. The name and the part where they run down a steep cliff; is this inspired by (my favorite movie) the Princess Bride? Or am I just paranoid? My ramblings aside this is an amazing piece. Keep it up.

God bless,

...,