Wedding Day | Teen Ink

Wedding Day

By Ral_M BRONZE, Jackson, New Jersey
Ral_M BRONZE, Jackson, New Jersey

“They really went all out,” I thought to myself as I made my way down the aisle to find my seat. I have been waiting for my friend to get married for so long. Her fiancé and she have been engaged for the past five years and we were all starting to think that maybe they won’t even get married anymore.

“They have a bar!” I said as I got up and started walking down to order something. “I’ll have a glass of champagne,” I said to the bartender.

“Alex!” someone said as I turned my head to see who it was.

“Nick!” I said giving him a hug. “It’s so good to see a familiar face.”

“Yeah I don’t know how Royalty knows all these people that she invited to her wedding,” he said as we scanned the venue.

“I can’t believe she is getting married already,” I said turning my focus back to him.

“Me too, it feels like it was just yesterday that we were all hanging out and snowboarding together.”

“Sometimes I wish I could go back, back to when we had no responsibilities and all we had to worry about were what we were going to do that day,” I said as I started to drink my champagne.

“We were stupid kids.”

“Yeah I don’t know how our parents dealt with us,” I said as he started to chuckle.

“Remember when we were in middle school and we put Windex in Mrs. Smith’s blue Gatorade?” he said as I burst out into laughter.

“Yeah, whose idea was it to do that?”

“It was yours,” he said.

“Oh yeah, Hold on I just need to use the bathroom. Watch my drink for me,” I said as I tried to find the bathroom. I walked all around the venue until I finally found where the bathroom was. I opened the door of the bathroom to find the groom butt naked with a bridesmaid.

“What the hell!” I yelled. “Are you joking? You’re f***ing one of the bridesmaids at your own wedding. Could there be anything more messed up than that?” I asked. “And you!” I said as I turned around to the bridesmaid. “Who the hell are you?”

“I was just helping her look for her earring,” he lied.

“Do you think I was born yesterday?” I asked. “Get out!” I yelled as the bridesmaid pulled up her panties and left.

“Alex I really didn’t me-”

“I meant both of you!” I screamed as he left.

“What am I going to do now,” I thought to myself. “I don’t want her to marry this man but yet again I don’t want to be the one to ruin her wedding. I guess I’m going to have to figure this out later” I said as I got back to Nick.

“Are you okay?” he asked as I picked up my champagne and started gulping it. “You look like you’ve just seen a ghost. Take it slow the incredible hulk.”

“I would like everyone to find their seats so we can start the ceremony,” the pastor interrupted as everyone made their ways to their seats.

When Royalty came down the aisle we all stood up. She couldn’t have looked any more beautiful than she did at that moment. Her hazel eyes caught the sun at the right angle making her rosy colored complexion pop. She moved elegantly and gracefully as she made her way towards the groom.

“Family and friends, we gather here today to join the hands of this happy couple. Please take each other by the right hand,” he said as he looked at the both of them. “These are the hands of your best friend that you’re holding in yours as you promise to love and cherish each other all the days of your lives. These are the same hands that will help build your future and makes your dreams a reality. These are the hands that will comfort you in illness and trails and share the same joy and happiness of life. Do you guys have a few words to say?” the pastor asked.

“I’ll go first,” Royalty said. “Michael, you have been there with me through thick and thin and I don’t think there is anyone else in the world that I would want to spend the rest of my life with. When my grandma was dying you were there to comfort me. From the beginning, I felt like I could talk to you about anything and trust you with my heart which is why I know I won’t regret the decision I made when I said yes to being your bride.”

“Do you Michael have your vows?”

“Yes I do,” he said. “Royalty, ever since I laid my eyes on you I could tell that you were the one for me and I’m glad I was right. I love you to the moon and back,” he said smirking.

“Lies,” I murmured.

“Anyone who has any objections to why these two shouldn’t get married speak now or forever hold your peace,” the pastor said.

“AAUGH!” I choked. I felt like I was drowning in this secret and I couldn’t keep it in any longer. This could ruin her life. She could come home from work one day and see a woman in her bed. I have to say something.

“I have an objection,” someone yelled as I looked to see who it was. It was the bridesmaid. All eyes were on her at this point. “Just an hour ago Michael and I had sex in the bathroom. I’m telling you this because I feel guilty for being a homewrecker and I also want to let you know how sorry I am,” she said as she left the venue.

“Is she joking Michael!?” Royalty said looking at him.

“I don’t know what she’s talking about, baby.”

“Don’t baby me!” she yelled. “You know what you can have your ring and find someone else because I am done,” she said as tears formed in her eyes and ran out the venue and Nick and I followed.

I am a beginning writer who just started this year. I didn't think I would ever be putting myself out there or even letting other people read and revise my stuff but this year is the year that I try new things.