Alia | Teen Ink

Alia

April 5, 2019
By tissantiago SILVER, Tirana, Other
tissantiago SILVER, Tirana, Other
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is too short to not enjoy it


It was fall; every beautiful flower was dying the feeling that one day made them blossoming and colorful had vanished to never return. At the end of the hall, she was there standing with the beautiful smile of an angel. I put my head up, hiding my sadness, to hug her. I feel safe and different. Everything had changed she does not tell me things anymore, she doesn't trust me anymore. After that evening, everything faded goes to never return to be the way it was. I know that everything that happened and everything she told me was to protect me and not to hurt me, but all she did was torture me little by little.

It was an ordinary day everything was normal until that evening. I was finishing soccer training and normally she would be there waiting for me to go for ice cream as usual but this time was going to be different. She was not there. I started to worry. The strangest thing, that worried me more, was that her books and her backpack were in one of the benches that worried me more.

At this moment I think I made the biggest mistake that I could have ever made. I went to search for her inside the school.

Going upstairs and by every single step I took I was thinking about the words, I would say in the park to tell her how much I loved her. I was nervous, but it was something that had to be done.

I finally found her. Alia was not alone, also Alex my best friend was there. They were close to each other and before I saw more I turned the opposite way and without them noticing me, I vanish out of there. I was running making my way out of hell; I didn't feel anything except my heart tearing in parts, rivers of tears going through my face and the pain of a broken promise. I got my backpack I got on my bike and started pedaling as fast as I could until I went home.

Now here at the point where sadness becomes anger. The only thing I want to do was to forget every single moment that connected me with Alex and Alia. But The only moment I couldn't forget was the first time I saw Alia, the time I entered the room on the first day of my freshman year and there she was. She was a snowflake beautiful, unique and delicate. Her eyes were the perfect harmony between brown and green. But wasn’t until her smile hypnotized me and at that moment the time stops, my heart started to beat faster and faster, my breath was slow and deep. There was a sensation that I haven't felt in a long time. It was just like the first time my heart wants it, but my mind knows the damage it would cause.

“Tom, are you planning to stand in front of the door staring at her with that drooling face? Alex told me.

This scene keeps repeating in my mind with tears in my eyes. I’m up here searching for a signal that stops me from giving a step to the end of my life without her. It was time to let her go.

Days become darker, days at school become tedious. It was difficult for me to see how everyone was acting as anything happened. She was in the same place, with the same smile, the same beauty it was beautiful but instead of happiness it only caused my soul misery. Walking through the hall I saw a poster it was about the winter dance, I had always wanted to invite Alia especially since it was our last year in high school.

“I am not going this year.”

“Boo! Are you ready for the dance?”

“Alia, I don’t want to talk about this now.”

“Tomas is everything alright?”

“ Yeah, I guess.”

Then Alex with a vigorous walk joined us.

“Hello, hello how is going, ”putting his arm around Alia’s waist.

“Ok, stop. Are you serious?! You know how much I love her and you just go and make out with her behind my back. So much for being best friends…”

“Tom, I know should have told you but I could we make a promise to not tell you, we didn’t want to hurt you.”

“Guys this is over you did something that I can’t forgive,” I start to walk to the library where none would find me but at that moment Carolina sat next to me and asked me.

"Are you okay?"

Carolina always helped me; I consider her as my own sister but in recent years we have not talked much. My love for Alia made me forget my best friend. With tears in my eyes, I told her every detail of what I had seen and how I felt bitter and broken that life had no meaning.

"Tomas, I know it hurts we do not decide who we fell in love with. Think about it she is happy with him to let her be happy is the best you can do. I know I would not have to say that because it hurts but you have to hear the truth. "

"Carolina, you do not understand me I've done everything I had to do, even the impossible for her but I think fate did not want this to happen."

"Tom forgets it I know it's hard but you have to try to get on with your life. It is the last year you'll go, she will too. The two will take different paths. The most possible thing is that they do not even see each other again. "

"Thanks but to hear negative things it's better to leave it like that."

The day ended with a bitter taste. I spent it thinking about what Carolina told me. She had a point even though it was hard for me to admit it was time to let go of the love of my life.

I wrote a letter to Alia.

"Dear Alia, you were the love of my life, and you will always have space in my heart. I need to say sorry I let all my feelings to take control over me and did not think. I will be there but the only thing I am asking from you is one last dance. "

But I never got a response.