We Belong Together | Teen Ink

We Belong Together

By talia123 BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
talia123 BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

It was the very first day I met Noah. It was just a normal day at school. I was on my way to my second class of the day and my arms were filled with textbooks and I couldn’t see in front of me. Out of nowhere a tall boy was running and ran into me making me fall backwards with my books landing everywhere.
“Watch where you’re going” I said.
“I’m so sorry” he said.
The boy was picking up my books and was looking at me straight in my eyes and he smiled really big, that smile was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, I played it off like I didn’t like him, but that smile made my heart skip a beat and my chest tightens. That’s when I knew he was the one but I denied it at first.
I told him “Thank you for helping me pick up my stuff.”
He said “You’re welcome. What is your name?”
“Tate,” I replied.
“Could I get your number Tate?”
“No thanks,” I said laughing it off.
“Why not?” He questioned.
“I’m not interested, sorry,” I replied and walked away.
A few days passed. As I was walking to class with all my books I heard someone scream my name and I turned around and realize it was him and kept walking. He sped up to me.
“So how about that date?” he said.
“Uh I don’t know,” I replied unsure of what to see.
“Just one date please” he begged.
“Fine, one date.” I gave him my number and I asked for his name.
“Noah,” he replied. “I’ll catch up with you later”.
After our date, his name kept popping up in my mind all day. That face, it wouldn’t leave my mind. We hung out all the time and we were inseparable. I was in love with Noah. I had feelings that I never thought I would have. He became the boy who kept asking me out, to the one person I loved the most.
Only one problem though my parents didn’t like the fact that he was lower class, my family forbid me from seeing him,
“Tate we don’t like the fact that Noah is poorer than us” my mom said
“But mom he’s such a good guy, I love him” I said
“I don’t care he’s low white trash that’s beneath us” my mom said
“Don’t you dare say that about him” I said back to her
“You are no longer to see him you understand” she said
“You can’t do that to me” I said
But love is love, Noah and I still did everything together.
I went to my best friend Raelyn, and I told her all about how I love Noah. She was telling me about how she met a guy named Liam recently and things have been going really good. Raelyn and I were only 17, halfway done with high school, school ended in 5 months for us and we were already talking about our future with Noah and Liam.
Unfortunately I had to go away for the whole summer to Georgia to visit my grandparents in their mansion. Noah told me he was gonna talk to me all the time so we won’t drift apart and that he’ll be here when I get back. My parents gave me a new phone so I could only talk to my friends during the summer I thought it was nice, but I had no idea that they had Noah’s number blocked on it so he was unable to reach me, they didn’t want me talking to Noah said he was no good trash. I cried for weeks over Noah, I figured he broke up with me and found someone new. I was starting college soon though so I found it as the next chapter in my life, to start brand new with or without Noah. So I moved on…
She hates me, she hasn’t responded to my calls or texts all summer, I texted her for 83 days, I wonder what’s up with her, did she break up with me, who knows we haven’t talked in 4 months and I realized it was time for me to start a new life without Tate.
The years and years passed, I was still best friends with Raelyn and we were both in our final year of college by now, I wonder about Noah from time to time, I still wonder why. Anyways, her and Liam were getting married and I couldn’t be happier for them. They both deserve it.
It was Raelyn’s wedding day and she was nervous.
“Tate I’m so scared” she said
“Don’t be Liam loves you” I said
“You’re right I’m just nervous” she said
“You got this” I said
Raelyn was walking down the aisle in such a pretty dress (that I helped pick out), I was a little emotional that my best friend was getting married it was such a big day for her. At the wedding reception Liam introduced me to one of his friends.
“Hi I’m John” as he shakes my hand and smiled
“Hi, I’m Tate” I said
“So your best friends with Raelyn right?” he said
“Yeah, you’re John’s best friend right?” I said
“You look nice” he said
“Thank you, you as well” I said and smiled back
“Would you want to dance?” John said
“I’d love to” I said
Me and John were dancing all night, did I possibly find another great guy? Did I finally get over Noah?
Me and John went out a lot and we were now inseparable like me and Noah used to be. I loved him so much. My parents loved him too, he had a stable job and he made lots of money and was a good businessman.
Years of dating john passed and me and him were getting married soon. I had a weird feeling in my stomach though that I was making a mistake, so I go and visit him, all the way in South Carolina probably not the best idea but I did. I got there and me and him were both shocked to see each other it’s been 9 years me and him were catching up seeing what’s been going on with each other, we went canoeing. I told him about John, he seemed sad, but not at the same time, we got out of the canoe and I say.
“Why didn’t you text me”
“What” he said
“I waited for you for 9 years, I cried over you all summer, cause you never texted me back, and now it’s too late, it’s over” I said
“I did text you, I texted you for 83 days during the whole summer, I never stopped loving you, It wasn’t over… it still isn’t over” he said
He pulled me into him as he kissed me, I kissed back. It seemed like love again, like we were young again, it was nice. Me and him didn’t know what to do, do I break up with john and call it off, I love john, but did I love Noah more? I was so confused I needed time to think. A lot of time. Noah wanted an answer…
I decided it was time to talk to John, and call off the engagement
“I’m still in love with Noah, I can’t marry you” I said
“I love you so much that I have to let you go then, I don’t want you with me if I don’t make you happy, so you marry Noah go ahead”
I thanked John to this day for that, he’s such a nice guy, me and him are friends and on good terms.
Noah and I got married, and I couldn’t be happier about it, I loved Noah, and I could tell he loved me back, We’ve been together all this time. We were first loves. Regardless what my parents say, I don’t care. I loved Noah so much to ever let him go again. He makes me happy.

Me and Tate are happy together, she makes me happy, so happy. I loved her, from the moment I laid eyes on her that one day in the halls I knew I was gonna marry her. She was perfect. I couldn’t imagine my life without her, me and her have been through so much. I was glad she’s with me forever.

It's a love story about two teens