Twin Rivalry | Teen Ink

Twin Rivalry

By dshamp930 BRONZE, Burkburnett, Texas
dshamp930 BRONZE, Burkburnett, Texas

From the day me and my sister were taken out of that orphanage our relationship took a dark turn. Me and my sister Megan are identical twins but aside from our personality and social status our big difference is my scar that is on my arm, which when I was born the doctor accidentally dropped medical scissors on my arm. And after the scar closed it only took a week for our mother and father abandoned us.

I make my way downstairs swiftly grabbing a piece of bread. “Don't forget to pick up eggs after practice.” Demands a voice across the room. “Why cant you have Megan get it?” I ask in an annoyed tone. A tall,blonde, and pale woman who looks like she is a walking doll walks from behind the counter. “Because I had to go through the trouble of raising you, and after all I've done you turned out to be a rat.” She explains giving me a cold stare that creeps slowly into my soul.

I turn and walk out the door to see my sister getting into a car with a muscular dude wearing all black. The guy looks at me curiously, “Hey you need a ride Mary?” He asks trying to be polite. “Troy, that thing doesn’t need a ride from us.” Megan grunts. He rolls his eyes and drives off. I walk to the school in about 30 minutes. I instantly walk into my class and my eyes quickly connect to my twin crying over how she broke up with her boyfriend even though she truly doesn't care.

I sit down and a few minutes a guy sits next to me.”Hey Axel, how's your day going.” I ask. Axel gives me a look and puts his head down.”You shouldn't ignore your girlfriend.” He starts snoring loudly and I catch Megan eyeballing him. Ever since we started highschool she has had a huge crush on Axel, but one day he walked up to me at lunch and asked me to homecoming. And my sister has been jealous ever since.

Megan has always wanted to be better than me, which she succeeds, because after school I look around for Axel and a witness a heart breaking sight, my sister disguised herself as me to trick Axel and take him from me. I run up demanding what's going on.”see what I meant when I said Megan would try to disguise as me?” My sister says with a grin. Axel gives me a look and walks away holding Megan's hand. At this minute I just stand there showering in my own tears, but at the same time a fire build up inside, growing more intense.

I make my way home and I get stopped by my adopted mother,”Remember, no prom.” I roll my eyes and run upstairs. I'll definitely be going to prom, but i'm not going to dance, my objective is to destroy Megan’s plan before it goes to far. I hop on my laptop and put together a slideshow. It comes around 9:30 and I sneak out of my window and make my way to the school.