My Letter to Miranda | Teen Ink

My Letter to Miranda

By Aaftan31 BRONZE, Surat, Other
Aaftan31 BRONZE, Surat, Other

Dear Miranda,

Hey, Hailey here. I have dreamt of you often enough since you’ve gone. I figured it’s about time that I write a letter and pour my heart into it one last time. I love you, Miranda, I always have. This instant, I am sitting on the dewy grass under the crooked cranberry tree. The sun is climbing up, up, up from behind the mountains. The sky is arched above my head and I’m imagining hard that you’re with me, sitting by me. I’m praying so hard for you to be here, I want you to know that. To let go of you isn’t easy. I’m burying our hearts too with our memories in the rusted trunk in the old attic. I know you felt claustrophobic in that attic, that is why I hope our memories die down there because our love couldn’t survive from our moments there. Our pictures and flowers, the clothes we shared and our exchanges - I’m chucking those all of them out of my closet today. I am moving on. You wanted me to move on, I’m trying to do that. Don’t be furious but I’m keeping a souvenir - the photograph of our first and last kiss. Don’t worry, nobody will get hold of it, nobody that will bother you, anyway. I remember it, your warm lips on my cold, hard ones - your lips brimming with passion, mine frozen stock still from shock of how good your lips feel against mine and disbelief that someone so amazing as you could ever be satisfied with my lips. My lips remember every inch of your lips like a map. I want to burn in your heat. I want to make more cherishable memories with you. 

I love you. I love you. I love you.

I wrote a poem for you-

The tears I cry are of longing for you,

The words I whisper are calling for you to come back.

Without you, the nights I spend alone feels like thorns,

The sky is empty of stars,

Everything is bleak and scary.

With you,

I want to sail through the night skies,

I want to tap dance in our tapioca field,

I want to clasp your hands in mine forever.

Come back, Come back, Come back.

Love from Illinois, 

Hailey.

The love between two young girls - Hailey and Miranda couldn't survive distance. This letter is about first love and kiss, dying memories and heartaches and how beautiful love is.