My Love | Teen Ink

My Love

By lillylape25 SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
lillylape25 SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky

Love that’s a strong word if you ask me. If you would’ve asked me who I love last year there would have been only one answer, my mom and my dad. They have been with me every step of my life. Through good times and bad times. But now I have another answer I could give you. She has helped me with so much in the past year and I’m glad to call her my wife now. I have so many good memories with her, but my favorite has to be the first time we met.

When we first met, I’m pretty sure she hated me, but that did not stop me from noticing her. We were at a party and she came with one of the people in my friend group and that’s when I noticed that she was the cutest girl at the party. Until I met her “boyfriend”, who might I mention I saw with two other girls early that night. It was crazy I had never felt like this about anyone but every time I tried to get closer to her, she was always “busy”. Or that’s what she told me, I guess. Until that night where I told her that I had a nice dinner planned out and that the reservation was already set. I told her that even if she said no, I was going to find a way to get her to this dinner but surprisingly she said yes. I was ecstatic. I was going on my first date with who I didn’t know at the time was going to be the love of my life.

The next day was a day full of stress. I was trying to fine the right clothes, right shoes, and the right way to style my hair. Until I found it. It was a beautiful day the sun was out, and the clouds were nowhere in the sky, is what I was hoping but in reality, it was one of the coldest days of that fall. But it didn’t bother me I was ready for this date.

The date went great so good that she asked if we could do it again sometime. Of course, I said yeas and after a while started dating. Now I don’t know if you know this, but she used to be in a band and one night she invited me to one of her concerts and I knew that this was it. So, at concerts you are allowed to bring in signs and that’s what I was going to bring but what she didn’t know was that on that sing it said, “WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND”. The moment I held up that sign you could see the sparkle in her eyes. After the show I went backstage and got tacked by her she was so excited. After that we were official.

So as we all know we are both big music people and now I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with you dancing and singing to every song imaginable. I’m  happy I can finally say to someone, I love you!

it is a love story about the first time this couple met