Home is where ever im with you | Teen Ink

Home is where ever im with you

By JLETCHER1053 BRONZE, Pa, Pennsylvania
JLETCHER1053 BRONZE, Pa, Pennsylvania

if a child isn't embraced by his village they will burn it down to feel its warmth

It was a hot evening. Jade and Alexander were on a road trip from Alabama to Arkansas. The two college students were going home to see their parents. They were going home. The radio playing in the background could barely be heard by the whipping of the wind. They made a pit stop. The two were going to make this the best trip they could. the plush forest surrounding the two as they walked down the path. The sun started to set as soon as they made it to the glimmering waterfall.

As they both took in the scenery Jade jumped into the waterfall pulling Alex with her. Both swam up laughing at each other. As both of them played in the waterfall it soon turned Dark. They made their way back to the car and changed out of their clothes. The stars shone brightly against the darkened earth. The drive was. Alex looked over to see Jade peacefully sleeping with her arms resting on the window , head almost out the window. She was a sight to see for Alex. Suddenly the car lost control.

Alex swerved trying to get control of the car. The car crashed in a ditch. Once Alex was conscious. He started to panic. His only thought was Jade. He didn't care about the blood trickling down his battered face. He looked over to Jade's seat to find her missing. He jumped out of the car running to the other side yelling out her name. As he made his way to the other side of the car he saw her. laying in the  field. She was ejected from the car. Alex ran faster than he ever had before. Never slowing down, not even for a second. 

Alex noticed the shards of glass puncturing her arm as Jade slowly started to stir. The ringing in her ears started to go. Alex was on the phone. He looked down at her. Relief filling his worrisome eyes. A sigh escaped his mouth as he told the person on the phone she was awake. moments later sirens could be heard from a distance. Jade was staring at the sky admiring the beauty of the stars. He sat right beside her tending to the wounds on her while ignoring his own. They both wanted to go home at that moment.

When they arrived at the hospital. Jade was taken out on the stretcher with Alex following not far behind till he was taken to a room. Yet during their whole exchange, nothing was said. Their eyes said it all , every word, every emotion was clear in their eyes. It was love. Their eyes held a deep love for one another with a hint of pure fear for what was coming next. The only thing they knew at the moment was that home was wherever both of them were.  

I wrote this  based on the song home by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros