Apartment Girl | Teen Ink

Apartment Girl

By beautifulpeople SILVER, Houston, Texas
beautifulpeople SILVER, Houston, Texas

"Do what you want to do but be ready for the consequences."

My date walked me up my apartment stairs. He was saying something about a great night, I don’t know. I was tuning him out, thinking about a nice warm bath with lilac-smelling bubbles. It was rude to do that, trust me I know. But he was boring.
“So I really enjoyed your company. And I had a great night. I thought the movie was good. And the food tasted really good.” Blah, blah, blah. I tried not to roll my eyes. Every guy has said the same thing.
“Oh yeah, me too. You are so funny!” I smiled and touched his arm, trying to be nice but this guy was a pain. Sure he could make me laugh but that’s not exactly hard to do. A lamp can make me laugh. The smile didn’t reach my eyes, I could feel it. He takes my hand. It was sweaty and gross. I sound like a total brat. Gosh, someone should seriously slap me. I mean the guys nice but if I stopped liking him in the middle of the date that’s bad, right? A second date wouldn’t go very well. We stop at the top of the stairs and he leans forward, waiting for a kiss. I give him a quick peck, say bye, and walk into my apartment building.
“Another date, Ms. Kristabel?” The front desk guy asks me. He always sees me with different men. I’m not a slut, though. Just a girl looking for love.
“Yes, but this one didn’t go well either. Personally, I don’t think there’s a guy out there for me. I’ve dated almost every freakin’ fish in the sea.” I sigh and push the button for the elevator. This apartment strikes me as interesting. Their front entrance looks so grand, I mean the floors actually look like real marble and the maroon walls and fancy couches add zest to the place. They have three floors that go up, and three floors that go down. I just think that’s so cool.
“Well, Ms. Kristabel there’s always someone out there. Just don’t give up.” I look back at him and pray with my eyes that he is right. He just smiles and nods his head at me, while the doors slide open. I walk in and press 2D so I can go two floors down away from the guy that I almost fell for. The memory pops into my head. When I first moved here, he was working there. The desk guy was stunningly handsome. Sharp cheek bones, a prominent jaw, black wavy hair, and these brown eyes that melted you when you looked into them, no matter how cold your heart was.
I was holding a box full of my crap when he caught my gaze, and perhaps my feet because the next thing I know I went skidding onto the floor and my crap fell out. His deep chuckle came from beside me as he started picking up the clothes. Bras, panties, you name it, it was on that floor. I get off the elevator and amble over to my door, number 52.

aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Did you write a sequel???? Oh I hope you did! :)

Friggin_Daisy, Eloy, Arizona
Oh my gosh! :D That was soooo good up until I got to the bottom. Then my face went from.... :)..... to.... :( i want MORE! (:

cameronG. said...
yeah add more it was great. i really liked it but try longer next time

inksplatteredfingerz SILVER, Union, New Jersey

"Where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true--we call it history."--the Wizard; Wicked

The beginning was so cute. I really liked it, especially since I could sort of relate to it. Keep writing=)

LadyShady GOLD said...
LadyShady GOLD, Jamaica, New Jersey

"To the people I forgot, you weren't on my mind for some reason and you probably don't deserve any thanks anyway." - Eminem

I was so cought up, then it ended. Please add more! the begining was great ! =]

LoveLiv46 SILVER, Cowiche, Washington
This is so kayooot(: I agree with about everyone else who commented...write more! U r very talented.

D_Beauty BRONZE, Euclid, Ohio

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way."

I loved this. It was interesting. You should make a part 2. You have to. I insist! Lol

Tay_03 BRONZE said...
Tay_03 BRONZE, Wellston, Michigan
I really like this!! :)

fraly01 BRONZE said...
fraly01 BRONZE, Brethren, Michigan

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

This is very good.... you should add more.

Hailey.G. said...
Hailey.G., Brethren, Michigan
i like it i just think it ended way too soon....you kinda cut it off quick...other than that great writing!!!!

Stacee O&#39Dell BRONZE, Manistee, Michigan
Awsomely done..should add more

Emilia901 GOLD said...
Emilia901 GOLD, Moreno Valley, California

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." Jessamyn West

Please tell me there's a part two!? This was super interesting! =^_^=

TIMLUVER03 SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia

We can't all be hereos because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.- Will Rodgers

i iuv it!!!!! write more!!!i just can't wait to read more!!! :)

BriBear BRONZE said...
BriBear BRONZE, LaFayette, Georgia

If i was perfect they'd have to redifine the words

yes yes yes yes where where where where

Silence-Is-My-Virtue GOLD, Stansbury Park, Utah

"The sentence below this is false.
The sentence above this is true.
Try to figure that out." -- unknown

hey i love the way you write! i love writing romance stories myself and was wonedring if you could give me some feedback on my story Music, Love and Violins or anything else :)

EmmyGrangerDC BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

Why is it that the one who made you cry is the only one that can keep you from crying? - Anonymous

WAIT, there should be more! Where is the rest?!?!

teenbookworm14 PLATINUM, Plainfield, Connecticut

"Nothing gold can stay" -Robert Frost

ditto to all of this :)

poeticspirit12334 PLATINUM, Groesbeck, Texas

Wearing a Christian T-shirt, and a cross necklace does NOT make you a Christian. , "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "They are plans to give you a hope and a future.'' Jeremiah 29:11

wow o wow!! i love this! its sooo good i mite say this alot but this is one of the best ive read on the site!! keep writing! check out my stuff?

bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan

\\\"When I stand before god I want to have no talent left so I can say,\\\"I used everything you gave me\\\"\\\"

I love this! And I agree it needs more. I think if it ended fabulously than this will be a great story. Very very talented.

Check my stories out please

LastChapter said...
LastChapter, Hempstead, New York

(couldn't think of anything better at the time) "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."-Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.

I disagree. Using the word "crap" gives it a casual feel, like she wasn't expecting anything. That way, it comes as more of a pleasant surprise when she notices the handsome employee. Also, the word "stuff" is like the creative writing kiss of death. The only thing I didn't lovelovelove was the ending. Maybe try and add something more there? Anyway, good writing!