EC+AM=4ever Chapter 7 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 7

September 24, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


June 7, 2009
8:30 p.m.
Evalynne's House


I sat in my bed. I just sat there, not doing anything. Just staring off into space, thinking. Kristy had called my cell phone six times, but I didn't pick up. I didn't want to talk.

"Hey," I turned to see Ash standing at his window, calling out to me. My heart stopped. I should have shut my window.

"Hi," I replied.

He noticed the pain in my voice, "What's wrong?"

"Ash, I know." I stated.

"Know what?" he asked.

"What you did to your dad."

His face froze in a mix of shock, dejection, and concern. "Oh,"

"Why'd you lie to me?"

"Because I knew that you wouldn't understand. No one understands. I had to do it! He was going to kill my mom, Evalynne!" And then for the first time, I saw Ash cry.

"Ash, it's ok. I do understand. I'm just shocked, that's all. And I'm hurt that you didn't tell me in the first place."

"I know. And I was going to at the park, but I just couldn't. I was so afraid that you would think differently of me if you knew."

"Well I don't." That was only partially true. "But you're mom knows that I know. And she's really mad about it. She came over to my house and threatened me to stay away from you."

I just couldn't get myself to tell him how dissapointed I was to find out he had done this. He was already at such a fragile state.

"What?" he demanded. "I can't believe that! How'd she find out?"

"Well I actually sent you a text saying that I knew and she read it."

"Well there isn't a text saying that you know on my phone now. She must have deleted it. She probably didn't want me to know about it."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for her to find out." I apologized.

"Don't worry, it's not your fault." He smiled at me weakly. Then his bedroom door slammed open.

"I told you to stay away from her!" Ms. Mongolia shouted.

"But I love her, Mom!" he replied, turning to face her. Oh my gosh, Ash had said he loved me.

"I love you too!" I called back to him. He turned his back to face me and I looked into his eyes. They were full of pain, desperation, and compassion. I'd never seen him so emotional.

"I don't care." Ms. Mongolia replied.

"How can you not care about your son's happiness?" I demanded.

"Stay out of this." she hissed.

"No, Mom, answer the question! How can you not care?" Ash asked. It was then that I realized that Ash was truly hurt by his mother's cruelness.

"Ash, I do care about you. But I think that you're making the wrong decision by being with her. I don't like her, ok? And I don't want you to make the same mistake I did by choosing your father."

"But it's not a mistake, Mom. I know it's not. I love her."

"I loved your father too, but my parents warned me he wasn't right for me. If I'd listened to them, I might still have a husband."

I could tell that this really hurt Ash. "Don't say that, Mom. You loved Dad."

"I did when I first met him. When I was a teenager like you. But back then, I didn't know any better. I married him when I was eighteen. That was the biggest mistake of my life."

I was pretty sure that Ash and his mom had both forgotten I was there, because they just kept talking without paying any attention to me. But this gave me a chance to listen to how they really felt about all of this.

"Well I'm not you, Mom. And I know this is what I want." he replied.

And then a single tears trickled down his mom's face. "I'm just trying to protect you because I love you. But obviously, you don't care how I feel."

"Mom, don't say that!"

"Ash, please don't do this to me. You don't understand how much I truly care about you. I know what it feels like to have the one you love turn on you. And I just sense something about that girl that doesn't seem right. Please just listen to me."

"But I love Evalynne, Mom. I really do."

She shook her head, "Well then it's your choice. Her or me?"

My eyes widened in shock. Was she seriously going to make him choose between me and his own mother?

"Mom, what do you mean?" he asked in shock.

"Choose: her or me."

"I can't do that, Mom. I just can't."

"Well you're going to have to. You have until tomorrow night." Then she walked out of his room.

He stood there for a moment, stunned, before turning back to face me. The look on his face made me want to just hug him. He looked devastated, pained, shocked, and completely dejected.

"Ash," I said softly.

"I don't feel like talking anymore." he replied quietly. Then he shut his window and pulled down his blinds. I felt like this was all my fault.

My heart ached for him, but I knew I couldn't make this any better. I'd already done too much damage. Damage beyond repair.

"Honey, I just came up here to check on you. You seemed depressed when I got home." Mom said, walking into my room.

She saw that I was sitting in front of my window, frozen in a state of mixed emotions. And without another word, she rushed over and hugged me. She held me tight in her arms, making me feel warm.

"Mom, I have to tell you something about Ash." I told her once she pulled away.

"What is it?" she asked.

And then I explained to her what happened with his dad, what happened earlier when I sent him that text, and what I had just witnessed out the window.

"Oh my gosh," she said blankly. "Are you serious?"

I nodded, "Mom, I don't know what to do. I love Ash, but I feel like I'm just making everything worse. I feel like this is all my fault!"

"Oh, sweetie, it's not your fault. You can't change what happened in the past. And you can't help it that you're in love. Either can Ash. But now I understand why his mom is so tense all the time. That poor woman,"

"I feel bad for her too, but she shouldn't make Ash choose between me and her!" I replied.

"I think she just feels that she's protecting him by doing that. She's just hurt by everything that she had to go through. No one deserves a life so depressing."

"I agree, but she's putting Ash through so much pain. You should have seen the look on his face after she told him to choose between us."

"I know, but imagine if you were in her position. She's just trying to look out for him. She doesn't want him to go through what she went through."

"I guess you're right. But what should I do? Should I tell Ash to choose her over me?" I asked.

"You do whatever you think is best. Just remember that there are two other people involved in this that are just as hurt as you are." she replied.

"Thanks, Mom," I said to her.

She smiled that warm, motherly smile of hers. "Anytime," Then she hugged me one last time before walking away.

I laid down on my bed, trying to fall asleep. But everytime I closed my eyes I saw Ash and that hurt look on his face. I watched a tear drop land on my pillow and realized that I was crying. Again.

I was surprised I even had any tears left from all of the sobbing I'd done today. Soon enough, I was just whimpering softly, but no tears came. I had officially ran out of them. That had never happened to me before. I'd never been so pained.

I lifted my head up slightly so that I could see out my window. Ash's blinds were still shut, but I could just imagine him sitting on his bed. Crying, thinking about who to choose, feeling even worse than I felt.

That's when I realized that there was only one option left. I couldn't put anyone through anymore pain. I had to let Ash choose his mom.


The author's comments:
Here's chapter 7, enjoy!

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 18 comments.


on Nov. 2 2010 at 8:49 pm
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

i actually completely agree with u on that lol....after reading through it again i was like "really? i seriously wrote that? what was i thinking???" haha i'm gonna have to fix that :)

on Nov. 1 2010 at 12:57 pm
Mariah_13 PLATINUM, Vienna, Virginia
27 articles 9 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

I love your work! I think you should try to develop Ash and Evalyne's relationship a little slower. It goes way too fast, and it makes it hard for the reader to keep up. Anyway, I loved it and you should keep writing! Hope you check out my work, I'm new to TeenInk!

on May. 1 2010 at 10:27 am
Sketched97 PLATINUM, Silver Spring, Maryland
31 articles 4 photos 167 comments

omg i have to know what happens.

I aree with deardiary, and also some of the lines are insanely awkward or unrealistic. like this::

"'But I love her, Mom!' he replied, turning to face her. Oh my gosh, Ash had said he loved me.

'I love you too!' I called back to him. He turned his back to face me and I looked into his eyes. They were full of pain, desperation, and compassion. I'd never seen him so emotional."

Its just so awkward to read, and unrealistic, you know. Like its weird how they're yelling they love each other when they just met. But besides that, great job. Really good storyline.


on Mar. 20 2010 at 8:37 pm
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

yeah after going back & reading it i totally agree. thanks for the advise & i'm so glad u like it! :)

on Mar. 19 2010 at 7:39 pm
deardiary BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other
3 articles 0 photos 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is a truth universally acknowedged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. -Pride and Prejudice

The idea of the story is amazing but I think u need to add a bit more inbetween the main events such as Ash declaring his love for evelyn. It would make this statement so much more shockin and it would make her choice of leaving ash much more emotional for the reader. Just maybe develop their relationship a bit more. :) amazing tho!

on Mar. 15 2010 at 4:46 pm
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

oh my gosh, thank you! and thank you so much for reading it and i'm so glad you liked it! :)

on Mar. 14 2010 at 4:22 pm
LostAngel DIAMOND, Jersey, New Jersey
65 articles 0 photos 89 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Just live your life, if people don't like the way you are doing it then they can get out of it" "if you can't stand me at my worst you dont deserve me at my best"

I finally finished the book and I seriously sat in my room and cried for a full 20 min. no book has ever made me cry thank you so much for sharing this story.

writerL said...
on Mar. 3 2010 at 10:35 pm
writerL, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Behold the turtle...he makes great progress only when he sticks his neck out."

I mean I also agree with Kc~to~thy~night~I~shall~belong

writerL said...
on Mar. 3 2010 at 10:30 pm
writerL, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Behold the turtle...he makes great progress only when he sticks his neck out."

Yeah I also agree. The plot is pretty good but it is developing too fast. Good job though :-)

on Feb. 10 2010 at 6:50 pm
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
54 articles 0 photos 146 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

wow that is amazing can't wait to read the rest!!! totally breath-taking... : ]

on Oct. 24 2009 at 3:20 pm
noelleism PLATINUM, Russellville, Alabama
24 articles 0 photos 81 comments

Favorite Quote:
I can not dwell on the past, and I will not live on what the future may hold, but yet take comfort and find perpose in the second yet to come.

I totaly agree with Kc~to~thy~night~I~shall~belong. And I also think that love is a very strong word. They've only known each other for about three days. And I think his mom is very controling and she should not have asked her son to chose if she realy loved him. So I can't wait to see how he rasolves this. :) :0

on Oct. 5 2009 at 5:55 pm
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

yeah after going through all the chapters and reading them i agree with that too, so now i'm working on getting a little bit more in depth with the characters, but thanks for pointing that out! :)

hellokitty said...
on Oct. 4 2009 at 7:50 pm
wow i agree u have a great plot but if u redit it itll be even more better

on Oct. 4 2009 at 7:21 pm
NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
12 articles 1 photo 34 comments
I read your other posts up to this one, but I had to stop halfway. I really think you have an amazing plot and all, but you are way ahead of your self. It's only ben a week, and they are already in love? ANd she doesn't seem to know much about him besides his family troubles and he's hot. I think you just need to back up a little and build on the story and characters a little more.

on Oct. 4 2009 at 5:14 pm
BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
We keep it light, until it's time to go dark. Then we go pitch black.

only thing i can say is wow

Anjo! SILVER said...
on Oct. 4 2009 at 2:04 am
Anjo! SILVER, Roseburg, Oregon
6 articles 0 photos 211 comments
Dude. So much emotion. This is good. but going so fast. i feel like im getting everything in fast motion. but i like the story line. i think it would be really awesome if you could slow down the plot. but good. real good.

on Oct. 3 2009 at 4:35 pm
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan
8 articles 6 photos 211 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

i feel her pain, so sad. good story tho thx for writing it

on Oct. 3 2009 at 12:22 pm
KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California
35 articles 0 photos 217 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

HEart-stopping!! I mean it! This story is amazing!!!