EC+AM=4ever Chapter 10 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 10

September 24, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


June 9, 2009
6:15 p.m.
Evalynne's House


We were all seated at the kitchen table, eating dinner. Ash and I sat on one side of the table, Mom and Dad on the other. "So Ash, what kind of things do you like to do? I know that Evalynne likes to read and write. How about you?" Mom asked.

"Well I used to play soccer, but not anymore." he replied.

"Why, did you lose interest or something?" asked Dad.

"No, my mom made me quit. She said it was a waste of time and that I should spend more time on schoolwork." he said.

Mom's eyes widened and she stopped asking questions. I heard the faint sound of sirens getting closer and closer to our house, but didn't say anything about it. I felt like if I spoke it would ruin the moment.

After dinner was over, I began walking to my room to get ready for Kristy's concert. All I did was change into a pair of dark-wash skinny jeans, a black and white polka-dot halter top, and some black rhinestone-encrusted flip flops. Then I ran a comb through my hair and dabbed on some lipgloss.

Ash knocked on my door. "Come in," I said. He walked in, but his face looked worried. "What's wrong?"

"It's my mom. I just saw an ambulence pull up in front of her house." he replied.

"So that's why I heard sirens earlier," I said to myself.

"Yeah, I don't know what happened, but what if she's like, dying or something?" he cried. His eyes were filled with anguish.

"Don't worry, Ash. We'll go see what's going on. Come on," So we walked out of my house and over to his mom's house.

"Um, excuse me sir, but can you tell me what happened?" Ash asked one of the paramedics.

"I'm not fully sure yet. All I heard was that she fell down the stairs and hit her head." he replied.

"Oh no, what if she has a concussion or something?" Ash said in fear. "Oh, this is all my fault! I should have never said what I said to her!"

"Ash, it's not your fault that she fell down the stairs. And don't worry, I"m sure she's ok." I told him comfortingly.

He bit his lip and peered through the windows of the house, trying to get a look of what happened. "I can't see anything." he said.

"Ash, stop worrying. It's going to be ok." I assured him.

He sighed and looked away. "Evalynne, what if she really is hurt badly enough that she could...die?"

I hated seeing him like this. He just looked so fragile and emotional. "Ash, don't think about that way. Lots of people fall down the stairs and are ok. She might need some stitches, but I'm sure that's all."

"I guess you're right. I just don't want her die hating me."

"She doesn't hate you! She's just angry. But it's not going to last. She won't stay mad forever."

"You don't know her like I do. If she gets mad, she doesn't let it go until she gets her way. And I'm not going to give you up that easily."

I sighed heavily. Then the front door of the house opened and two paramedics wheeled Ms. Mongolia out on a stretcher.

Ash rushed up to her and I followed behind him. "Mom!" he cried. "Mom, I'm sorry about yesterday! Are you ok?"

She glanced over at him, looking happy to see him there. But when she saw me, he familiar, angry face came back. There was a gash on her forehead, but it didn't look too bad. I was guessing that I was right and she'd only need stitches.

She got wheeled into the ambulence and then Ash turned back to me. "You were right. She's ok." he said in relief.

I smiled, "You see? There was no need to worry." I kissed him softly.

"Yeah, I guess there wasn't. I just saw the ambulence and panicked."

"That's ok. I would panick too if I saw an ambulence pull into my driveway." I replied.

"Once again, thank you."

"You don't have to thank me everytime I'm there for you. Especially since I'll always be there for you." I told him.

"Actually, I wasn't only thanking you for being there. I was thanking you for missing your friend's concert for me too."

"Oh no, Kristy's concert!" I cried. I had completely forgotten about it. "She's going to be so mad at me!"

"I'm sorry." he said with sincerity in his voice.

I smiled weakly. "It's ok. It isn't your fault."

"Maybe she won't get mad. Just explain what happened. I'm sure she'll be ok with it."

"Yeah, I hope so."

We walked back to my house and I checked the time on my phone. It was already seven thirty. It took about ten minutes to get to the school her concert was at. But the concert ended at seven forty five so there was no use going now.

Ash and I both went up to our own rooms. I sat in my bed and read Twilight. I was only on page sixty-two so I had to pick up the pace if I wanted to finish all four books by the end of the summer. But as I read, the doorbell rang.

I walked downstairs to answer it. It was Kristy. "Oh, Kristy, hi," I said.

Her face was filled with rage. "I can't believe you missed it! I even reminded you this morning!"

"I'm sorry, but Ash's mom fell down the stairs and we went over to see if she was ok." I explained.

"Oh, so now Ash and his mom are more important than me?" she demanded.

I knew she would be mad. "Kristy, it's nothing like that! You're still my best friend!"

"Am I, Evalynne? Because it seems that ever since you met Ash, you've paying less and less attention to me. Now it's all about Ash!"

"Kristy, just listen to me. I'm sorry." I told her desperately.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too. Sorry that I actually thought we were still best friends. But I guess you prefer psycho murderers." Then she turned on her heel and walked away.

I shut the door and turned around. Ash was standing ten feet away from me. He'd heard everything. "Ash, I'm so sorry you had to hear that!" I said.

"No, I'm sorry that you just lost your best friend all because of me." he replied.

"That's not your fault. I should have called her to tell her I couldn't make it. Don't worry, I'm not mad at you or anything." I said.

"But I feel so guilty now. I'm so sorry."

"Well I feel guilty about you and your mom's fight. And believe me, I'm extremely sorry."

"No, that wasn't your fault!" he told me.

I laughed lightly. "Well then why don't we both just stop feeling guilty and hope for the best. Kristy will come around eventually and so will your mom."

"Yeah, I guess we should." he agreed.

I kissed him on the cheek and then went back upstairs to my room. But once I got there I cried softly. Kristy and I had never gotten in a fight before. She got mad at me a couple times, but nothing like this. We always made up within ten minutes.

But not this time.


The author's comments:
Here's chapter 10! Poor Evalynne, she's gained a boyfriend, but lost a best friend. Hasn't she ever heard of sisters before misters?