Cheering For My Vampire | Teen Ink

Cheering For My Vampire

By LaLaLexy BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
LaLaLexy BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Never give up on someone you can't go a day without thinking of.

“Go team! Go team! Who do we mean?’ I jumped into a herky position, spreading my arms into a large V. “We’ll say it loud, Because we’re proud. P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S!” My teammates and I spelled out the letters with hand motions. “Panther pride! Panther pride! We’re steppin’ up, so step aside! We’re the best; we’re here to win! Panther powers here again!”

The audience screamed insanely loudly at our cheer. I smiled my biggest smile, my vocal cords strained at the loud yelling that it had just endured. The varsity basketball players ran onto the court. Us girls ran onto the benches as the principal announced their names over the loud speaker.

I smoothed a hand through my golden blonde hair that was pulled into a side ponytail. Gossip and small talk erupted on the sidelines where we sat. My best friend, Dakota turned to me, the sparkly bows in her hair glinted in the stadium lighting. “Are you going to go to the diner after the game, Bridgette?”

I had already decided earlier that I wasn’t going to go. I had homework and I was tired, so I decided to skip out tonight. I pretended to think about it, just to humor her. “Nah, I think I’m going to head home.”

“Aww, Bridge! Why? All the guys on the team are going to be there?” One word that could describe Dakota was boy-crazy. That was one word, right?

I shook my head. “I have homework to do. Plus, I have a boyfriend.” I added with a smirk.

“Whatever!” Dakota cried. “That’s like saying you don’t need to shop for purses, because you already have a Balenciaga tote.”

I rolled my eyes. “Okay! Move on!”

“Do you want to come over tomorrow night and watch chick flicks?” Dakota pleaded.

“Ugh! I totally would, but Ayden and I have a date tomorrow. It’s our four month anniversary!” I gushed.

Dakota smiled at me. You know, that smile that says I am so happy for my best friend, that kind of smile.

Before she could say anything, my Sidekick vibrated next to me. I slid it up and read the text. meet me bhind da skool in 10 min. dont b l8. - A x

I read the text and a smile lit my face. My thumbs padded rapidly against the keyboard. k. c u soon. I <3 u. - B x

I stood from the steel bench. “I’ve gotta go meet Ayden!” I informed Dakota. My heart filled with a sickeningly sweet feeling as I thought of my boyfriend.

“Have fun!” Dakota yelled, as I jumped from the seat. I wouldn’t have to cheer again till half-time, which wasn’t for another 45 minutes or so. I walked through the crowded halls where the smells of popcorn and sweat wafted about.

Once I passed the premises of the basketball game, the corridors were empty. It was slightly scary, I had never wandered the school when it was late and the halls were dark and empty. I pushed open the heavy-duty back door. The smell from the dumpsters tickled my nose. I spotted a figure standing at the end of the corner. I walked over, assuming it was Ayden.

It indeed was. I smiled brightly and wrapped my arms around him. I could feel his buff lacrosse-made arms enclose around my petite frame. I looked up at him. His shaggy black hair fell across his left eye, falling to his ear. You couldn’t see his dark red eyes in the barely-lit alley. The severity of his black and red features made his pale skin even more noticeable. His 6-foot height towered above my 5’ 4’’.

“I missed you.” I whispered into his ear. Ayden’s lips grazed my neck gingerly. I felt his tongue lick my jugular vein. “Ayden, don’t.” I warned.

It was extremely difficult when your boyfriend was a vampire. No one knew, but me, not even his parents. Ayden pulled back. “I’m sorry, Bridge.” Ayden stated. “I haven’t fed in a week.”

“I know, Ade.” I sympathized. “This must be really hard for you.”

Ayden nodded in my touch. “It is, but I love you so much that it isn’t as hard as it sounds. When you love someone enough, you would do anything to keep them safe.”

I smiled. “I love you too.” I brought my lips to his. His cold lips pressed against mine gently. I slipped my tongue into his mouth and wrestled with his. I let my tongue trace the outline of his teeth. Ayden brought his tongue into my mouth and moved it around, exploring his territory.

I pulled away from the kiss and rested my chin on his shoulder. “Once I graduate, it’s me and you forever.” I murmured into his neck.

“Me and you. Forever and ever.” Ayden agreed.

This short story is based on my life, my cheerleading, and my boyfriend. Although, unfortunately he isn't a vampire! I changed the names, just so it was more story-ish! :)

LastChapter said...
LastChapter, Hempstead, New York

(couldn't think of anything better at the time) "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."-Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.

sweet. cute, even. but where's the climax? the problem?..well, i guess having a vampire for a boyfriend would qualify as a slight difficulty, but where does this all lead? it sounds like any other teen romance story. i can tell from your writing you can do more.

JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina

\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

AWWWW...I love it! It's sooo sweet. I have to say I'm glad my bf is human. I wouldn't want the temptation of my blood to overpower his thirst. lol I marveled over your creativity and imagination. It's a wonderful gift you have to be able to just get that off the top of your head like that. It's GREAT. Pls check out some of my work and post a comment.

BrittanyHale SILVER, Orlando, Florida

A Kiss is a lovely trick,designed by nature to stop word when speech becomes superflous.

I LOVED THIS ONE.

EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

Aww this is adorable! So cute, I especially love the vampire theme!

emily23 BRONZE said...
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

u should make a second part ik i would read it this intreaged me alread