Pardon? | Teen Ink

Pardon?

October 3, 2009
By White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown


Okay, so you've just landed yourself into a great relationship and everything's going great. You push through the whole, "Meet the Focker's Thing" and eventually you spend more and more time together. A week, two, maybe three passes, and you're sitting on the couch, (snuggling, cuddling, smooching, playing rock-paper-scissors, etc) and the mood gets to that all time high, they look you in the eye and they say..."I love you..." Now for some people you can almost hear the SCCCREEEEEEECHHHHH of brakes locking up on an icy road. After three weeks, is it really time to say "I love you?"

So, with that, I would like to hear your opinions and the horrific "I love you" moments behind them. :)


The author's comments:
Comment, rate, and write back your own "Pardon?" moment

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 15 comments.


on Jul. 16 2010 at 11:26 pm
White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

any sensible guy knows when to give up. IF he doesn't give up in a few more months, put a restraining order on him. Hand the job over to uncle sam lmao

 


on Jul. 3 2010 at 9:54 pm
ImmaCheerGurl BRONZE, Desert Hot Springs, California
3 articles 2 photos 8 comments
eek ive got a guy like tht. i never met him but he lives in my town and i went out with him (yes i no its a shame) and after a day he said he loved me i freaked out! i didnt no wat to say so i said it was too early fr him to say tht but thn he kept saying it and he kept messing wit me by saying he was gonna get back with his ex he drove me insane! so wen i broke up with him he wouldnt leave me alone so we got back together but it happened the same way as b4 so i told him we should just b friends. well tht wasnt enough fr him he kept calling me and txting me and calling me babe and sexy and he kept saying he loved me so i felt bad cuz i didnt feel tht way about him and he still wnt leave me alone even wen i cuss him out on the phone he keeps txting me! its been like 4 months and hes driving me off the deep end!

on Jun. 9 2010 at 10:47 pm
White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

ah...i've gone through something like this once. But unfortunately it ended with her pulling away from me. But we were never together to begin with. It was super long distance but she would always have a piece of my heart, something only a few people who experienced it may understand.

 


on Jun. 9 2010 at 10:45 pm
White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

wow that IS an interesting one haha! well, all you can do is either find another outlet for his mushy mushy stalkiness (by finding him a girl like your friend did for you), or just turning him down so many times he looses all hope ha. maybe that might work?

 


hannie BRONZE said...
on Jun. 9 2010 at 4:02 pm
hannie BRONZE, Cincinnati (Madeira), Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 6 comments
So I met this guy through a mutual friend. She was a newer friend to me, and we soon became very close. We became like sisters really fast. Her best friend was a boy she had known most of her life and one day he ended up coming over to her house while we were hanging out. I instantly was attracted to him! And apparently...he was attracted to me too ;) We started emailing/IM back and forth without her knowing, and each day falling more and more for this guy. Then, 4 months later...he said, "You know what. I'm tired of hiding. I tell you everything but I can't tell you the most important fact. You may never want to talk to me again after this but, Hannah...I love you." I pratically slammed into his arms and whispered "I love you too" into his ear :) Sweetest moment ever.... so he never actually asked me to be his girlfriend. I never really was his "girlfriend." I'm just his Hannah. I still always will be too. He had to move :( but we still talk every day and we both refuse to date anyone else. So, I think we will be able to be together again one day....I HOPE!

on Mar. 27 2010 at 3:35 pm
Bexapottamus GOLD, Houston, Texas
16 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Get better, not bitter."

This guy was best friends with one of my best friends and she thought it would be cute if we got together. So she called him up one night on my phone and we got to talking. 10 minutes into my first conversation with the guy he tells me he loves me and will not be able to live without me. I didn't know what to say, i am not a mushy person at all! So i just froze. my friend ended up hanging up the phone and now the guy stalks me. so i was wondering, what do i do?

on Mar. 19 2010 at 4:27 pm
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
54 articles 0 photos 146 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

I know I should have!!! But i don't just something inside me was saying "NO!!!" Anyway, I tried my hardest to be nice, but yet it was so awkward for me, that I couldn't even see the romantic part!!! I still talk to him though...in a way I would say the same but I never liked him...i still feel really bad :(

on Mar. 13 2010 at 11:33 pm
White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

Well, that was completely unorthodox, but really, you have got to give the guys some props and kudos. That's romantic isn't it? Sure, "i love you" from a guy you don't really know sorta takes the luster out of it, but oh well hahaha :)

on Mar. 13 2010 at 4:47 pm
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
54 articles 0 photos 146 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

Omg!!! I have the weirdest story and i wasn't even with the guy!!! He's still in my class and now i rarely talk to him because i'm still freaked out!!! Well this was last year...and me and him were partners in math. We had to use graphing calculators for the problem and while I was writing in my notebook, he puts in in front of me. When I look, it says "I love you". My mouth dropped open. I had no idea what to say! I never liked the guy, he always kind of freaked me out in a way...but "I love you", i mean come on! Weirdest thing ever!!! =)

-JohnnyDeppLover123 <3

on Nov. 28 2009 at 10:15 am
loveibanez BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio
4 articles 1 photo 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" -Ben Franklin

Hahaha... niiice!

on Nov. 28 2009 at 12:25 am
White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

ha yep. you see that more in girls fortunately. I don't have to worry about any guys saying that to me. although one of my friends swears we are in a bromance lmao

on Nov. 27 2009 at 8:05 am
**alwaysbeme** BRONZE, Valparaiso, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 27 comments
aw i know what you mean i got my first frend this year (freshman) that says 'i love you' and he says it to me freely and im like um not used to that but okay 'love you too?' :)

Peanutt said...
on Nov. 26 2009 at 3:25 pm
Haha, Sometimes I wish it would happen in person, when it happens on the computer or phone I never know when to believe them! haha, what's your funnniest story?

on Nov. 25 2009 at 1:29 pm
White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

ha very nice! yea. But trust me, its the hardest when they say it right to your face. That's when you have to either go with the flow or stop it in its tracks! i'm a sophmore. one i love you story happened to me a month ago!

Peanutt said...
on Nov. 24 2009 at 5:46 pm
I am in 8th grade, yes EIGHTH and my first 'i love you' was given to me by a freshman. I don't have a cellphone yet, and we were talking on my home phone for a while (no, we wern't eeven going out) and then, like, 10 minutes after i hung up, he sent a TEXT to my home phone ( I didn't even know you could do that, but it's really cool, casue this computer voice talks to you ) all it said was 'i love you' yah, needless to say, i screamed and hyper ventilated for like an hour... now he says it all the time... no we are not dating. (( Long story ))