Aridia Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Aridia Chapter 1

October 27, 2009
By MissMarie PLATINUM, Fruitland Park, Florida
MissMarie PLATINUM, Fruitland Park, Florida
22 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Love is just a word, until you find someone to give it definition"...


My parents always told me, "the ocean brings so many adventures". I hope they're right because I'm missing out on spring break in Cancun for this family cruise to Australia. I didn't want to go, but here I am, sitting on this huge dock, with nothing to entertain me but my lip ring, cell phone, and camera. I accidently packed my Ipod so no music until we un-pack in our president suite.
"Haven Noel! I told you to take out that hidious piercing before we left the house!" my mother yelled as if I was a mile away, I wonder if she knew I was standing right in front of her.
"Georgina, can we please just have a civilized family trip with out you bagging on the poor boy?" my step father always tried taking my side.
"I'm sorry James, but the boy has black and blue hair, wears jeans tighter then his sisters, and is covered in piercing's and tattoos. Do you expect me to be happy, when we are boarding as first class and my son looks like his little sister?"
My mom doesn't like me, she hates me style, and my complete existence. Ever since my father died and she re-married Mr. Big-Shot millionarie, shes dreamt of never mothering me. Last Christmas when I asked to pierce my nipples she stood in front of my whole church congregation, and asked for prayer. She thought I was of questionable nature.
As the ship began boarding I snapped a few pictures of an elderly couple holding hands and walking up the dock. I loved photography, it was my preferred art. If I was to go to college it would probably be for either Photography of Cosmotology. From experience dying my hair multiple colors every month, I presume I'd be rather good at it.
" Come on Haven, moms going to kill us if we miss boarding with first class, you know how she gets!"
My little sister, Devon Noel, she's 15, and the only person who tries to understand me. She had great style too, today she rocked a pair of black skinny jeans, and I loved her Paramore shirt. She has black hair, with bleach blonde and red highlights, all over. She wore her eyeliner dark black with random bright colors covering her eyelids. But I did think her bright pink converse were a bit much.
" So sis, where would you be right now?" I asked as we stepped foot on the cruise ship Aridia for the first time.
" Probably at Zack's or Aaron's house" she replied.
My sister was the female definition of a player. Stuck between two guys who were way to old for her, older than me. Zack was 18, and Aaron nearly 20. How is it my 15, year old sister had two boyfriends, and I 17, couldn't even find a date to prom last year.
It took us about an hour just to find our stupid suite. As I played with the lock our door opened. I was amazed by what was being portrayed before me. Our suite looked as if it was a house, kitchen and all. Art covered the caramel colored walls, the couches clothed in fine black leather.
As I stepped into my room, I first noticed the colors. A good mixture of green and blue shades. I saw a sliding door, and walked over to it. When I stepped foot on the huge balcony that looked over the ocean, wind brushed my cheeks and the sunlight warmed my hands.
"Well son, what do you think?" My step father asked as he walked out onto the balcony with me.
"I like it, it seems very cozy. How about your guys room?" I asked
"Purple" he said as he walked back to his room, with a look of embarrasment.
My mother had a weird obsession with the color purple. When my father died 3 years ago, he was wearing a bright purple shirt which my mother hated. I'm thinking that has something to do with it. Or maybe she just woke up one morning and decided to favor the color she once despised.
"I'm going for a walk" I said as I walked toward the door.
" I'll come too!" my sister yelled as she followed me out the door.
These were code words for let's go find a place to smoke. My sister and I, both smoked with no intention of quitting.
" Got a lighter" I asked.
" Yes sir, my trusty checkered one, so, have you talked to Maria at all?" she asked.
I decided not to reply which she knew meant, we are not having this conversation right now. Maria was my ex who dumped me for her big brothers best man. She also happened to be on this cruise so I was dreading seeing her around.

The author's comments:
This is sort of a modern day Titanic. Please let me know if I am to make a chapter 2! It gets way better and I'm already working on it!! But if no one tells me they want it, then I cant put it on! So speak up people!!