Green Eyes, and a Voice of Velvet | Teen Ink

Green Eyes, and a Voice of Velvet

By feelthepain♥ BRONZE, Bothell, Washington
feelthepain♥ BRONZE, Bothell, Washington

cry. if you dont the pain will just keep building.

I had just got the news. Car crash, my mom was in the hospital. I was at the park when the call came and as I hung up the phone I glanced at the deep scars on my left forearm. I had last cut a month ago and I felt I really needed my razor right now. as I sat weeping and tearing at my arm with my nails, someone sat next to me. “Please stop??” said a low velvety voice. I looked up and flipped the hair out of my eyes. He sat there, the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. He had his black hair in an emo boy cut and amazing green eyes. “Do you wanna talk about it?” he asked.
I did not know this boy, and yet he seemed to care for me more than anyone I had ever met. And then it happened. He reached out and pulled me into his embrace. His warm arms wrapped around me and held me. For the first time in my life, I felt safe.
Weeks flew by and I learned that this miraculous boy was Damien-my new neighbor. We soon fell in love and I felt so safe I let my strongest guard down.
I also learned he was emotionally abused by his father. And I cared for him. I tried my hardest to patch the holes in his draining cup of life. But it was no use. One day I opened his door to find that he had tied a noose around his neck. I ran to him, but it was too late. I knew that though. I cut the rope and let his lifeless body fall to my arms. I buried my head into his still chest and let out a cry, “my love! Why?” I pressed myself to his frozen lips for one last kiss just as the rain began to fall on the roof. It was like a million tiny birds were landing in a somber sign of peace.
I never did see his father again, just as I never forgot that cold after noon that we first met. I vowed never again to cut and I know I never will. His life was so precious and to have the satisfaction of looking down and knowing I am safe is the least he deserved. I will never forget him, this green eyed boy. Never.

choirchic101 SILVER, Norwalk, California

in order for God to use all of you you have to be completely broken

oh my word that was amazing. it was so emotional. maybe it could be a little bit more in depth

yourworstnightmare BRONZE, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. (Teddy Roosevelt)

Sweet! You really should've written a little more, make it a bit more interesting, but anyway, it was great.

haha thanks guys!!

thanks!!! i will make sure to make it longer!!

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

amazing-ness. There is so much emotion in this story. Alot of writers leave that passion out of their characters.You hit spot on. You pulled me in. I want to read more. Maybe go more in depth, make it longer, detail it. Anyway, its brilliant

my heart thuded at the last sentence amazing

u are great .it feels so personal and it tell the life of some poor soul out in this world

Lisette-Midnight SILVER, New York, New York

Live for the moment you can't put in words.

wow. This is good and a really touching story.