The Girl With Envy in Her Eyes | Teen Ink

The Girl With Envy in Her Eyes

By babybunny94 PLATINUM, Santa Clara, California
babybunny94 PLATINUM, Santa Clara, California

His eyes. The eyes I will always remember. The great green oceans that I wanted to look into forever. But those eyes the ones I love, the ones I’ve grown up with aren’t mine to look into. First they went mine cause I didn’t want them. Then they wernt mine cause I had someone else. But now that my someone else is gone I realize that those green eyes have been here all along.

Now that I want those green eyes I cant have them. Now they belong to someone new, someone skinny, someone pretty. Someone that hasn’t been here for you like I have. Someone that you love.

I was there when your dad brought your mom to court, when Tucker and Bosco died. I was there and She wasn’t. I was there when you failed Spanish. (Twice). You were there when I was four and got locked in the bathroom and we needed your dad to bring a screw driver over so I could get out. You were there when I got home from running away. You held me while I cried even though you wernt mine. You went to Tahoe and ignored Her text messages and went to a movie with me.

Every time I think of you I have to remind myself that your Hers. Because you are Hers. Hers! Hers! Hers! I keep telling myself I cant have you cause your Hers. But I still am the one stuck putting myself through the torture of you being with Her and not me.

She doesn’t trust me. If it was up to Her you wouldn’t ever see me. I don’t know why I freak Her out. She’s pretty

and you love Her. You wouldn’t leave Her for me and She should realize that. But She hasn’t and She wont. My heart

breaks every time you talk about Her. You don’t see the hurt on my face though. How couldn’t you? How couldn’t you

notice? No matter how hard I try to remember that your Hers I’m still the one that is stuck hurting. I’m still the girl with envy in

her eyes.

Jessica330 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Sing as if no one was listening. Dance as if no one was watching. And live each day as if it were your last." -Author Unknown

"A girl should be so lost in God that a guy must seek Him to find her." -Author Unknown

this is deep. I really love the way you capitalize "She" and "Her". It really adds a certain emotion from the narrator that we wouldn't have received otherwise. Great Job!