EC+AM=4ever Chapter 27 (Part 2) | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 27 (Part 2)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

"It's not your fault." he murmured, stroking my hair gently. I felt so safe, so warm, so protected in his arms. I sniffled and looked up at him. His eyes were sincere and full of empathy.

"Thank you," I said, letting my lips work their way towards his, kissing him softly. The car behind us honked and we pulled away from each other.

"Get a room!" the old man who'd honked at us yelled out his window.

So Cole began to inch his car forward, the traffic beginning to slowly clear up.

"What was all your fault anyways?" he asked me.

"The car accident Ms. Mongolia got into." I replied.

"Evalynne, you can't keep freaking out about that. Ash's mom will be fine and everyone will be happy again." he assured me.

"But it's still my fault."

He sighed heavily, "Well everybody makes mistakes. I've done lots of things that I regret, but I have to just accept that and move on. And so do you."

"But you don't understand, Cole. You've never cost anyone their life." I reminded him. I couldn't stand the guilt washing over me.

"That's true, but Ash should know exactly how you feel."

"Oh my gosh, you're right. How did you know he killed his dad anyways?" I asked.

"He did what?" Cole exclaimed.

My eyes widened, "Isn't that what you were talking about?"

"No! I meant that he made you want to kill yourself, causing you to step in front of that car and cause the accident. I had no clue that he killed his dad!"

"Oh," I laughed sheepishly. "Well now you know. So anyways-"

"No, no, no," he interrupted. "I want the full story."

So I told him all about the hit and run and how his dad was going to kill his mom, but Ash killed him before he could. Cole was left speechless, in complete and total shock.

"You've got to be kidding me..." he murmured.

"I wish I was." I said.

"I can't believe this! Ash killed his own father! How is he not arrested?" he cried.

"The cops took it as self-defense. They let him go, but he still feels awful about it." I explained.

"You see, everyone makes mistakes." he pointed out. "Now you shouldn't feel so bad." I wished that I didn't feel so bad, but I couldn't control the unwavering guilt that was taking over me.

We drove in silence for an hour, neither of us saying a word. "You mind if I turn on the radio?" I asked Cole, breaking the silence.

"Sure, go ahead." he told me.

So I turned the radio on, searching for a good radio station. I stopped when I heard a Taylor Swift song that I knew. We listened to the radio for the next hour and a half, not speaking.

Then, we finally pulled into a large parking lot. "We're here." Cole announced. Both of us stepped out of his car and I took in the salty ocean air.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked wistfully, looking out at the beach as the waves from the Atlantic ocean rolled in.

"Yeah, you are." he replied. I blushed and turned to face him.

"How sweet," I said.

He grinned, "Come on, let's go." Then he took my hand in his and we began walking towards the beach.

Author's Note: Sooo...are you guys Team Ash or Team Cole so far? Just wondering, LOL. And I'm not trying to copy off Twilight with the whole teams thing. I'm just wondering who you guys want Evalynne to end up with. :)

Sooo...are you guys Team Ash or Team Cole so far? Just wondering, LOL. And I'm not trying to copy off Twilight with the whole teams thing. I'm just wondering who you guys want Evalynne to end up with. :)

Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

Neither! They both can be such jerks, yet although the drama might not be realistic, your characters certainly are! Amazing story. Can't stop reading. However I'm just wondering how the main girl, went from being dorky to having all the guys like her. Or wait, is she not really dorky that's just the way she sees herself? Cuz that would make sense!

lol thanx so much for reading & i'm really glad u like it :)

KoreanNinja said...
Are you serious?!?!? This whole story is filled with soo much drama!!! It's soo amazing! Ilove it!! You are a great writer!! I can't get off the computer cause of this story man!!

thisisascreenname BRONZE, Sugarloaf, California
Team Cole!!! at first he seemed lik a jerk but now i think hes the better guy. ash just seems like a liar begging for another chance 2 break evalynns heart. cole seems sweet though.

lol i love all the debate between team ash & team cole! i'm just gonna warn u though...in the sequel there's a new guy who comes along..... :)

christian.e SILVER, Dutch Harbor, Alaska

The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me --Pascal

I am sooo team cole. I didnt like him in the beggining but now he seems way sweeter. And Ash is annoying me with the on and off thing.=]

luckyducky said...
Team Ash! totally!!! Cole is just plain mean,locking her in and all,how can she fall for him,Uh!

twiwrite GOLD said...
twiwrite GOLD, Modesto, California

none :P

ash!! cole was trying to kiss her and she didnt want her to! hes been trying to trap her all the time!!

KellyR GOLD said...
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

I personally don't think Evalynne deserves either of them.

contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

im soooooooooo team COLE i think she should pick him instead of ash but dont get me wrong ash is a holesome guy but not for evealn sorry i spelt that wrong

curlychick1369 BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio

Don\'t let the failures of the past, keep you from the acheivements and success of today.

hmmmm..... that's a tough choice! I mean Ash was soooo sweet and caring... then he broke her heart.. then they got back together and he proposed.... then they broke up!! Then there's Cole.... he was a little jerkish in the begginning then he warmed up:) so I'm team Colsh! both Cole and Ash:) lol

SaraRoxsHerSox SILVER, McVeytown, Pennsylvania

"Brochacho!"

i agree with firefly116

J. Rae said...
I think I'm team Cole because even though he can be a jerk he's better than Ash who lied to Evalynn and keeps breaking her heart.

lol, agreed, cole definitely acts like a jerk sometimes. :)

Thanks so much for reading and i'm glad u like it! :)

firefly116 BRONZE, Southern Pines, North Carolina
hard to decide...still team ash since the beginning, but cole's growing on me. that is, when he's not acting like a jerk :)

lol, yeah, cole's kinda....well cole's just cole, lol :)

thanks so much for reading and i'm happy you like it so far! :)

MariahMundi said...
TEAM ASH!!!!! i might have leaned a little bit more towards cole if he hadn't tried to get evalynne the way he did in the beginning. he might have tried being nice....