Struggles | Teen Ink

Struggles

By CreativeGurlll SILVER, Marlborough, Massachusetts
CreativeGurlll SILVER, Marlborough, Massachusetts

never regret a thing cuz everything is meant for a reason

Chapter 1

“Will you two please be quiet. It’s a long drive home and I’m sick of the two of you fighting,” said my mother from the drivers seat. She was getting very annoyed and I could tell because her nostrils were flaring and she was very red. My dad was on the phone with his boss and was no help to my mom. We really should have listened, but no we being stupid kids.

“Guys stop it now. Hey Jim do you think you could yell at them please. You know what I will do it myself.” That was the worst mistake my dad could have made. My mom’s hand extended back toward my ipod that we were fighting over and she turned her head for a second and lost the wheel and then we hit something hard and I jerked forward then back and everything went black.

I sat up in my bed, sweating bullets. It was only a dream, only it was a dream that was true. I turned toward the clock it read six forty-five. Crap I was late again. I hopped out of bed and threw on any old clothing I could find in my closet. I ran downstairs and got my brother Shawn up and told him I needed a ride. Luckily for me he drove like a maniac and I got there on time. I ran up to homeroom and in the corner were my two best friends Carmen and Alex. I took my seat in front of Alex and turned around to talk to them.

“So how was you guys weekends?”

“Mine was amazing,” exclaimed Alex, “You know that guy from biology he finally asked me out and we saw a movie on Saturday night…”

She kept going on about him and I kinda spaced out about the dream being so real and everything. The day passed rather quickly for me anyway. Now I was off to my job at the pet store down the street. It was a small little store with light blue walls. I stepped in to find my friend Alex already stacking the dog food on the shelves.

“Where have you been, it took you so long to get here today.” said Alex with a grin on her face.

“Yeah I took the scenic root I guess.” I said

“Ok, then you can be on register today I got the storing down.”

“Cool.” I walked over to the register and then the door opened and a man and his son walked in. I had never seen them before they must have been new.

“Hi there, can I help you find something,” asked Alex in a cheerful voice.

“Um, yeah do actually sell animals here,” asked the older man.

“Actually we do they are kept in the back. Kristen can help you over there.”

I had heard my name and turned around to see a man and a I’m assuming his gorgeous son.

“Are you Kristen?” asked the kid.

“Yeah, I am follow me.” I said, waving my hand to follow me.

“What exactly are you looking for?”

“Well, my son here would like a puppy, if possible.”

“Of course, any preference to the type of pup?”

“Yeah I was looking for a golden retriever.” he said.

“Ok your actually in luck we have one left, but he won’t be able to go for another week, if that’s ok.”

“Yeah no problem. How much is he?”

“She is three fifty.”

“We’ll take her.” said the son.

“Ok come to the register.”

They followed me to the register and paid, and left. That had to be the best customers we had in a long time. Alex new something was up and called me out on it.

“OMG! He was totally into you and I know you were into him.”

“Just a little and he is so not into me. A guy like him doesn’t go for girls like me. I mean look at me.”

“Yeah your right look at you.” she said and we burst out laughing.
The rest the day went by kinda slow. When I got home Shawn had someone over. They were sitting on the couch watching some stupid guy movie I had no clue about.

“Hey, Shawn I’m home.”

“Oh hey Kristen. Come here I want you to meet someone.”
I walked in and sat in the chair next to the couch. When I looked up I saw him.

“Kristen this is Jacob. He is new in town and he is one of dad‘s friends son.

“Oh hi Jacob, I’m Kristen, but you already knew that.” For some odd reason I felt very self conscious.

“Obviously I just said it.” said Shawn.

“No she actually means we kinda met at the pet store this afternoon.”

“Oh. Well then that’s cool. Jacob is actually gonna stay here for a while because his dad has to go back to California.”

“Really where is he going to sleep?”

“In the guest room, duh.”

“Oh yeah right, sorry I’ve been kinda out of it lately.”

“Yeah, whatever go take a shower and do your homework.”

“Ok jerk.”
I walked out at that point, so mad at my brother for making me sound like I was six and not sixteen. I took his request to take a shower because honestly I needed one. It not only made me feel clean, but it relaxed me. I took and extra long one tonight. When I got out I wrapped a towel around myself and opened the door, thinking both guys would be downstairs, clearly I was wrong because I looked up to see Jacob of all people standing there about to knock.

“Oh, my bad.” he said turning the other way.

“Gosh, I’m really sorry, I should have asked if either one of you needed to use the bathroom.” I said and ran around him to my bedroom and shut the door.
That was extremely awkward for probably not only me, but him too. Then I heard a knock at the door. I ran and got my pj’s on and opened the door. It was Jacob.

"This was part 1 of an ongoing dream I had for like a week."

Hey Everyone Who reads this you might be interested in readin chapter 2 and 3!!!!!! PLZZZZ COMMMENT

oh ok thats for the heads up have u written anything, if u have wat r the names

contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

Wow that's great this is iluvguys but I changed my screen name

Thank you very much. That is very kind. And I do plan on writing actually I am writing the second chapter right now.

WOW PLZ RITE MORE I LOVE IT!!!! UR A GOOD WRITER!