Struggles (Chapter 2) | Teen Ink

Struggles (Chapter 2)

By CreativeGurlll SILVER, Marlborough, Massachusetts
CreativeGurlll SILVER, Marlborough, Massachusetts

never regret a thing cuz everything is meant for a reason

“Hey can I come in?”

“Uh. Sure I guess.”

“Thanks. I just wanted to apologize for the bathroom incident.”

“Hey no play no fowl. It’s totally cool. So why did you move here?”

“My dad wanted to come she your dad, but when we got here we found out that your parents had passed away, so we decided we needed to live in a small town, but then his office called from back home and now I’m here.”

“Hahahaha,” was all I could say.

“What?” he asked solemnly.

“Nothing, nothing it’s just that I basically got your whole life’s story in about five minutes, that’s all.”

“Oh right ok. Well I guess I’m gonna head to bed, it’s getting pretty late.”

“Ha, no it’s not.” I said looking towards the clock which read ten thirty.

“OH yeah your right it is pretty late. Good night.”
Then he was gone and I laid back and fell asleep.

The next morning I awoke slowly. When I turned over the clock read eleven forty five. I jumped up and got dressed and ran downstairs , to find Jacob in his boxers, eating Fruity Pebbles.

“Um… where’s Shawn, and why aren’t you ready for school?”

“Ha ha… Um. Have you seen it outside.” he said pointing to the window next to me. While I slept away a storm had begun and was still continuing.

“Right. I totally new that.”

“Sure you did.”

“So umm…” I couldn’t help, but stand there tongue - tied, looking over his shirtless body. It was perfectly sculpted into an eight pack. Then he interrupted my gawking.

“Hello earth to Kristen.”

“Oh sorry. Where was I, oh right what are your plans for today?”

“Um.. Maybe I could go pick up a movie and we could have a movie day. What do you think. Oh right I have a message for you and your brother told me to tell you that he will be working til midnight, he got night guard so, yeah I’m gonna take a shower and go.”

“Ok that’s a great idea.” inside I was practically dying, figuratively speaking.

“Alright and here is the message.” he said handing me a piece of folded up paper.

“Thanks.”
Then he was gone. I opened up the slip of paper and read:

Call back Alex! Its urgent!!!

That was written on a piece of paper in perfect penmanship. Omg this guy made it so hard to resist him. So, I grabbed the phone and dialed her number. It rang about five times before she picked up.

“Hello.”

“Hey Alex it’s Kristen. Jacob said you called.”

“Omg how could you?”

“How could I what?”

“How could you not tell me that hottie form the store is staying at your house for a few weeks.”

“Oh um.. It didn’t seem that important, but get this I woke up this morning and he was eating my cereal in his boxers, and not only that, but he is going to pick up movies and Shawn is not going to be home till midnight.”

“Omg, are you serious. That’s wicked awesome. So, are you guys like together, or not?”

“No, no Alex come on I would’ve totally told you if that was the case.”

“Ha ha so true.”

“Oh hey I think he is coming so I’m gonna talk to you later.”

“Oh ok well I’ll call you later and I want details.”

“Kay, love you bye.”

“Love you too bye.”
Then like five minutes later he came down wearing a blue button down shirt, and dark blue jeans. As he walked in the room I looked up and our eyes met and it took a minute for us to look away. When we did it was kinda awkward so, he went to the kitchen and I just stood there. Then I decided to walk into the kitchen.

“Um… hey I’m gonna go so yeah.”

“Ok well I’m just gonna chill, I guess.”

“Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to go.”

“Uh… you sure because I could just stay here.”

“No, way I want you to come.”

“Alright.”

So we went to the movie store and to pick up a pizza to bring home and through the whole time we discussed everything, and I mean everything. It was a long day that’s all I could say about it, and it surprised me because we had so much in common it was amazing. Finally, we were home and could heat up near the fire.

“Holy it’s cold outside.” Said Jacob as he opened the door and shook off the snow on his jacket.

“You got that right,” I said doing the same thing as he did.
“After drying off a little we grabbed the pizza, paper plates, drinks, and popped the movie in and settled together near the fire. We sat contently watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the new one. We finished about ten minutes into the movie and I was about to throw up from the pizza and the gross content put together. I propped myself up against the couch and he did the same. That’s when it happened. The first killing in the movie and I actually screamed and turned into him. That’s right I turned my head and hid behind his arm. Then simultaneously his arm lifted and went across my back to comfort me. That’s when I looked up, he looked down and I know what your thinking we kissed right, well your mistaken. See I looked up, he looked down and we hit heads and believe me it hurt. I sat up and started laughing, meanwhile in the movie some was being sawed in half. Then, he realized why I was laughing harder and he began to laugh too. His laugh wasn’t deep it was somewhere in the middle and I loved it. After our laughing episode we sat back in position, me with his arm around me, all snuggled in the blanket we shared.

"This is a sequel in the ongoing story I am writing. Hope you all enjoy!! Please leave your comments after reading!!"

PLZZZ LEAVE UR COMMENTS!!!!!