Chapter 2 - High School Drama | Teen Ink

Chapter 2 - High School Drama

January 29, 2010
By angier GOLD, Centerville ,Pa, Pennsylvania
angier GOLD, Centerville ,Pa, Pennsylvania
12 articles 6 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. "


Chapter 2:
What I ever did to her, I thought. I stand up and walk the other way. As I wait for an open shower on a bench, Megan comes over and sits next to me. She looks at me and starts to talk I realize she is trying to be nice and this is the first time we have actually talked since what happened with Mark.
“Are you still mad a t me? “ She ask
“No, Why would I be mad at you “I say sarcastically
As the conversation rolls on the girls start empting out of the locker room .I know mark will be waiting for me but I decide he will leave without me. The conversation continues.
“Would it be because last year we were best friends and I knew you liked Mark and I decided, you shouldn’t have him “she said with a grin
The truth was I thought of a million names to call her a thousand ways to cause her pain and even more ways to embarrass her. But instead I decide to be cool about it. I look at her and laugh.
“You tried to ruin my relationship, you sent me from someone to know one in a matter of 60 seconds, all the secrets I told you …you told everyone.” I shook my head
“How could you? “ I said
She just looked at me and said
“I want to be friends again …I want to start over “
“No …you had your chance, and besides you’re in the big world and I m just a know body.” I said with a sigh

I stood up and walked to the shower, shed my suit and began to wash. I heard Megan get in the shower and slam her door .I sighed and wondered why she would say the stuff she just did. I made my shower fast, so I wouldn’t have to talk to her again. I slipped on my baby blue tank and slid the over shirt on over top, and slipped on my jeans. I threw my suit in the bag and ran for the door .As I walked out the door, I knew Mark wasn’t there I sighed. I wandered to math class without a pass. When the teacher asked was I was I said I stayed after in pool class. Not shortly long afterword the bell rang and I made my way to my locker .I threw my stuff in and headed to my other locker with my pool bag. When I got there Mark was there leaning up against the wall.
“Where were you?” He asked
“I was dealing with –Just then Megan stopped in front of us
“You can sit with me if you want “She said
And she walked away. I looked at Mark and he looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and slammed the door of the locker.
“What were you saying? “He asked
“I was going to say, I was dealing with her, she wants to be “friends “again.” I said with a sigh
“You said no right …You don’t need the drama, please tell me you said know.” he pleaded
“No I said sure and gave her a hug; of course I said no “I said sarcastically

He grabbed my hand and we headed for lunch. We both knew it would take courage to walk past Megan’s table, but we could do it. I knew we could. As we walked into the crowed cafeteria, we saw the tables filling up and the line were out of control. The noise was completely out of control. We headed to our table in the corner and sat with our real friends Brittany, Amy, Sarah, Nikki, Tim, Kenny and the rest of the gang. After sitting down it wasn’t long until our table was filled with laughter and jokes .I kept thinking to myself these are real friends .I took a quick look at Megan’s table and couldn’t help but laugh. The table was quite and awkward as the twig girls picked at their salads and occasionally gossiped about the football team.

As we ate pizza and drank our milk …I knew I would never let Megan get in the way again. She may think my friends are a bunch of nobodies but I will never let her forget the day she let her guard down and asked a nobody to be her friend. The day went on and I knew that I would never have to cramp Megan’s style ever again.


The author's comments:
Chapter 3 is coming soon !