Foreign Love: Chapter 4 | Teen Ink

Foreign Love: Chapter 4

February 15, 2010
By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
54 articles 0 photos 146 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare


That was actually all the homework we had. We just sat there looking at each other. “So, where’d you come from?” I asked trying to break the silence. “Well if you haven’t noticed I came from England, well London to be precise” he said with a smile. “Uh I think I got that part! But I mean what’s your whole back story?” I asked.

“Well I was born in Colorado, actually because my parents met in Colorado. They wanted to have me in England because that’s where they are originally from but I came early so they just took me after and raised me there, so that’s why I have the accent.” “Are you serious? I was born in Colorado too! Ok so which part exactly?” I asked now with interest. “No kidding! Well Colorado Springs what about you?” he asked. “No way! Me too. Wow that’s crazy! I can’t believe this!” “Exactly how I feel right now!” he said with a smile.

Then we continued staring at each other. “I love your blue eyes by the way. They’re beautiful, really” he said while looking straight into my eyes. I couldn’t help but turn a little pink and say “Thanks yours are beautiful too, really” I said.

“Thanks a lot. That means a lot to me but trust me yours are better.” “Aw thanks, that was really sweet but I think I would know that yours are better because I’m staring right at them!” I said. “I would know too! But ok let’s just say that our eyes are equal in beauty, ok?” “Yup sounds good to me!” I said with a smile.

“Well I’m getting kind of hungry, what about you?” I asked. “Yeah definitely! Do you mind if I eat here with you and stay here for a while.” “I don’t mind one bit!” I said while laughing. “Me either!” he responded and followed me downstairs to the kitchen.

“Hello Mrs. Smith! I’m James Taylor, by the way.” “Oh hi there James! It’s good to meet you.” “Same here!” he said. I fixed us some ham and cheese sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes, mustard, and pickles! It was delicious. When we were done we washed the dishes and sat on the couch to watch TV.

Then something happened that I NEVER expected. He did the whole prentending-to-stretch-but-I’ll-actually-put-my-arm-aroun-you thing. He stretched out his arm to the side and put his arm behind me. “Uh what are you doing?” I asked. “OK, ok, ok you caught me! I did the whole stretch thing” he said while raising his hands up like he got caught by the police. I just snorted at his dorkiness. Who would have thought that someone that hot and cool would be so dorky? I sure didn’t.

We watched The Sandlot because they weren’t showing anything else, but yet I loved this movie and apparently so did he. The “Beast” reminded me of Jessica Higgins from school. She was the “prep” from our school. The popular most beautiful girl and school and I hated her guts…and well everything else. I wonder if James will fall for her I asked myself.

The movie ended and we went upstairs. I turned on my radio to Jack Johnson because I thought he would like it. First was “Better People”. When it started I started dancing by shaking my hips and twirling. He just sat on my bed and looked at me while laughing. “Hey do you remember when I saw you through my window, right?” I asked. He nodded yes. “Well your parents were hilarious. The way they danced was just so weird! I laughed into my pillow so hard that my stomach hurt. Seriously too funny!” “Ha, ha, ha I bet they were! They usually are. But I bet we can do better.” “Huh?” I asked.

He stood up from my bed walked to the radio and started “Better People” all over again. Then he turned back to me and smiled. I just looked at him as he walked towards me bent over and reached his hand out towards me, offering to dance. I didn’t want to disappoint him but I also wanted to dance with him really bad.

So I took his hand and stepped closer to him as he stood up straight again and smiled. “I’m glad you decided to dance with me! Why exactly?” he asked while putting both his hands on my waist while I put mine around his neck. “Well I didn’t want to disappoint you, that’s all. And besides I felt like dancing as you could tell.” Now he just smiled and brought me a little closer to him.

Now I could smell him again. He still smelled like spearmint and Dolce and Gabbana cologne. I loved that smell. I just couldn’t take enough. “You seem to like the way I smell don’t you?” he asked with a smile. I couldn’t answer that! Oh my gosh he noticed…what do I say? “Here why don’t you rest your head on my shoulder so you can smell me better?” I did because I really wanted to smell him. When I rested my head on his shoulder I felt his body rumble, I guess that meant he was laughing.

I inhaled a very large breath. It apparently tickled him because he laughed. I raised my head and said “Oh sorry.” “It’s ok! Now go ahead lay your head again.” Again I did as he said and breathe more lightly but many times. It felt like I was getting drunk with cologne and spearmint-hypothetically.

It seemed like we were dancing there for hours but it was only for about five minutes. I let go of him and looked straight at the floor. He lifted up my chin with his finger and smiled while looking straight into my eyes.

“Yes?” I asked. “Oh nothing, I just love looking into your eyes, that’s all!” he said with a smile that made me blush at his comment and his perfect smile. “You know I really mean that right?” he asked me. I just nodded a yes. “So what’s with the whole ‘Adam Lambert’ hair?” I asked while stepping back and stretching out my arms towards his hair. “What? I just like the hair style, that’s all. Besides it looks good on me!” he said while posing. I snorted.

“Well apparently you like how I smell. Am I right?” he asked with a smirk. Hey I wasn’t going to lie so I said “Yes. I actually LOVE how you smell!” I said while putting emphasis on “love”. He just laughed but he was laughing really hard that he fell on the floor laughing. “Did I really sound that stupid?” I asked while pouting.

While on the floor he stopped laughing and put on a serious face. He stood up and said “No. You didn’t sound stupid. Not even a little bit.” “Then how come you were laughing?” “Because no one has ever said that to me so I thought it was funny.” “Oh.” “Yup.”

We just stood there doing nothing and saying nothing. Then James said “Well I should probably get going and get to my parents.” “Oh yeah definitely! Well it was fun having you over maybe we can do it again sometime.” “Yes. Maybe tomorrow?” “Uh but tomorrow is Saturday, so there might not be homework.” “Well either way I can still come over!” he said while flashing his amazing smile.

“Oh yeah duh! Well yes you can come. What would you want to do tomorrow?” I asked hoping he had good taste in going out. “Movies?” he asked. “Yeah that sounds great. When you come over we can check online the times and what movies they have and pick one to go to.” “Sounds great!” he said then walked over to me kissed me on the cheek and left out the door.


The author's comments:
On one of the previous chapter's I wrote "Rachel" instead of Tiphanny...oops sorry I was tired when I wrote that chapter...just so you know her name is Tiphanny.