Foreign Love: Chapter 11 | Teen Ink

Foreign Love: Chapter 11

By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

I didn’t know who to sit next to. I had a feeling something was going to go wrong between the two. But I’ve never thought that Rick actually liked me! He couldn’t have. And I kind of had an idea that James was starting to. So instead I just sat on one of the kitchen stools’.

Just when I was about to say something my mom rushed in through the door. “Oh my gosh! You’re alive!” she yelled. She looked crazy. Her red hair was everywhere and her make-up was all smudged and her clothes were all wrinkled. “Yeah, mom. Did you get my message?” I asked. “No I rushed her as soon as I heard that news!” she yelled again. “Mom but they said that we were fine!” I said. “Well I didn’t stay for that part! As soon as I heard your name I rushed out the door!” she whispered while walking over to me and hugging me really tight. “Well you should have! It would have saved you worry and you could probably lose your job!” I said. “Oh they’ll understand! I’m a mother for crying out loud.”

“Well in my message I said that if it wasn’t for James I would be dead!” I said while smiling at James again. She dropped her mouth open and did her “Penguin run” (she’s little so that’s what I call her run) towards James and practically threw herself at him. She kept kissing his forehead and hugging him. “Mom!” I cried.

She looked up and turned red. “Sorry James” she said. She lifted herself off James and walked upstairs. Rick started laughing really loud. He fell to the floor laughing. James wiped himself with a tissue and stood up. He walked over to me and said “Good-bye” with a frown. Then he walked out the door to his house.

I stomped over to Rick, lifted him off the floor and slapped him. “W-W-What was that for!” he yelled. “For being an idiot!” I yelled back. “How?” he whispered. “For laughing at James! You act like my mom hasn’t done that to you before!” I whispered. “So? It looked funny! What now I can’t laugh?” he said. “Ugh you know what I mean!” I yelled before running upstairs.

I slammed the door to my room. But I really didn’t know why though. Why was I being so protective of James? I mean I hope I’m not falling for him. No I’m not. I’m just making new best friend.

I threw myself on my bed. Then Rick rushed in to my room and closed the door. “What’s the matter?” he asked sounding more like the Rick I knew that’s my best friend. “It’s just I don’t like it when you make fun of people. That was just too mean. It’s not like it is his fault you know. I probably would have done what my mom did but I’m just not that close to him, you know.” “I understand. I’m sorry it just looked funny at the moment. You know I love your mom because she’s so dorky and she just brought that dorkiness out to James and it just made me laugh, that’s all.” “I know, I know” I sighed.

“Good.” He lay down next to me and started humming my favorite song. “Really? Better Together?” I said while laughing. “What?” he asked. I stood up and walked over to my radio to turn on the song Better Together. I started tapping my foot at the beat. Rick stood up and tapped my shoulder. He kneeled down and offered his hand. I took it and started dancing with him to my favorite song. We twirled together. He had his back to the window but I didn’t. I saw James at his window looking at us dance. I guess he couldn’t watch anymore because he closed the window and shut off his lights.

There's going to be another part to this story...so technically it's like a second book.

the-ampersand PLATINUM, Ogdensbury, New York
liked it-- the characters might've overreacted to the kisses though-- rolling on the floor and the whole breakdown-ish thing is a bit much, but i liked how james saw rick and the girl dancing (sorry, i forgot her name) pretty good =.=