Foreign Love: Chapter 15 | Teen Ink

Foreign Love: Chapter 15

By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

I ran as fast as I could. At least I was a pretty fast runner. I jumped over the bushes and ran past all the palm trees. When I was half way through all the palm trees when I heard James’s car halt to a stop and him come out of the car and slam the door. I looked back to see him running towards me.

I turned back and started moving my legs even faster. As I reached the sand I tripped over some roots from the palm trees. And it hurt too. I scrapped my knee. But now James was really close. I had to get up and run. I stood up but then fell again my knee was hurting really bad.

I started limping. At least I was moving. But I was moving to slow. Then all of a sudden the same guy James was talking to came up in front of me. He had white streaks in his hair and he was tall and slim yet part muscular, but not as much as James. This is it, I’m going to die! I thought to myself.

“Hi there Ms. Smith” the man said. “How do you know me?” I asked. “We know everything about you! Isn’t that right James?” the man asked as James finally reached the man’s side. I fell to the ground and tears started streaming down my face. I just couldn’t get over the fact that he betrayed me!

“Yes we do” James whispered. “Exactly! But now Ms. Smith you have found out too much about us, so unfortunately we have to kill you.” I looked up and glare at James. “H-H-How could you?” I whispered. “Oh it’s nothing personal. Well maybe it is, but oh well. Now James get the job done!” James continued staring at me with a straight face. “James?” the man asked now looking at James. “No” James said. “What did you say James?” the man asked. “I said no.” “Why!” the man yelled. “Because I love her!” James yelled back. My mouth dropped open. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. “And besides I don’t even work for you.” “What do you mean? You’ve been working with me for six months!” the man said. “Well it’s not exactly what you think. And just when things couldn’t get any weirder it did. James took out some sort of spray thing and sprayed it at the man.

The man fell down on the floor unconscious. Then James looked at me. “W-W-What did you do? Is he dead?” I asked. James laughed and said “No he’s just passed out.” “Not funny!” I yelled through sobs. He kneeled down, took my hand and lifted me up. I dusted myself off before looking at him again.

“Did you really mean what you said?” I asked. “Every single word.” “But I don’t get it! You were supposed to kill me. And how come you didn’t let that car just hit me?” I asked. “See the thing is that I was ‘undercover’. I’m really an agent. For the good guys. But I was undercover with this group that hunts down people and kill them and it was my job to capture this guy. Which I did. And I love you and I didn’t want to loose you! Especially since it wasn’t my job to kill you.”

I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say. He didn’t betray me. He was just lying to me to protect me. He was the James I had fallen in love with. He saved my life-again. I just stood there looking into his golden eyes. He is perfect.

“Well I’m sorry I hurt your feelings. I understand if you never want to see me again. But I just want to let you know that I love you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me! And I’m sorry for the pain I’ve caused. I truly am” he said. Then he got closer to me. I started breathing hard again. I got all warm inside. This was the moment I’ve been waiting for.

He leaned in. It was just like my first dream. His lips were soft and warm against mine. He smelled just as good as always. I brought myself closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and squished my body against him. He put his arms around my waist and squeezed. I lightly let go my lips from his and whispered in his ear “I love you.” “I love you, too” he whispered back before kissing me again. I played with his hair while kissing him. He started kneeling down and I followed because I didn’t want to stop. He lay on the beach sand and I lay on top of him.

We continued kissing until the man started grumbling. James stood up and walked over to the man. “I have to go, I’m sorry” James said with a sad face. “No! Are you going to come back?” I asked. “Probably not, they always move me” he said while walking back over to me. “No I just…I just got you to be mine! No! Please…please” I begged. “I have to go. I’m sorry, I’ll miss you, my love” he whispered. “Don’t” I whispered before collapsing to the ground and crying. He took out the little spray thing and sprayed the man again. But then he turned to me and said “I love you” before spraying me and me passing out.

the-ampersand PLATINUM, Ogdensbury, New York
it was, like, VERY sudden.... i think you should've had her done more snooping around before they decided to kill her, it was just her seeing that she was going to be killed, but why? she hadnt known about it before she saw the pictures... is there more??