EC+AM=4ever Chapter 49: THE END | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 49: THE END

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

6:00 p.m.
Ash’s House

“Dinner’s ready!” I called out into the living room. Ash’s mom stood up from the couch, setting her book down and walked into the kitchen.

“Mm, smells good.” she complimented.

“Thanks,” I replied. “I made lasagna.” We both sat down at the kitchen table and began eating. When the doctors had let her go home from the hospital, I volunteered to be the one to take care of her. So I moved in next door, at what was Ash’s house.

I was close to my parents still, only one house away from them to be exact, so they came over often and vice versa. However, I was also taking classes online for college. That way, I could stay at my new home with Ash’s mom, my mother-in-law, and still “go to college” at the same time.

I also worked part-time at Sadie’s to help pay for the rent, but my parents helped out too. However, once the lease was up, we’d both be moving back to my house. She just didn’t want to, and I quote, “waste her house”. So we came to the agreement that we would both live here until the lease was up.

She took a bite of her food and lick her lips. “It tastes good too.”

“Thank you, I’m glad you like it.” I said.

We both finished our dinner and then I stood up to take care of the dishes. “I’m kind of tired.” she announced. “I think I’m going to go to sleep early tonight.”

“Ok,” I rejoined. So I walked her up to her room. I waited outside her bedroom door as she changed into her nightgown. Everyday, I had to lay her clothes out for her, because she couldn’t remember which drawer everything was in. When she opened her door, announcing that she was ready, I led her to her bed.

She climbed in and I pulled the covers up over her body, leaving her head sticking out. “I’ll be right back.” I informed her. “I’m going to get your medicine.”

So I walked into the hallway bathroom and opened up the medicine cabinet, pulling out the small box of Aricept and taking out two small pills. Then I grabbed the small glass cup sitting on the sink’s vanity and filled it with water from the sink.

I took the medication and the water to her room and handed them both to her. She sat up in her bed and took each pill separately, washing them down with a gulp of water each time. Then she handed me the empty cup and I turned to walk out of the room.

“Wait,” she called out.

I turned back to face her again. “What is it?”

“Where’s Ash?” she asked. “I want to say goodnight to him.” This was the hardest thing about living with her. The Alzheimer’s caused her to continue to forget that Ash was no longer alive. So almost every day she would ask me where Ash was. And almost every day I had to remind her that he was dead.

“Ash isn’t alive anymore, remember?” I said like always.

Her face contorted into a sad, disappointed, empty expression. “He’s dead?”

I nodded, “Yes.”

A few tears trickled down her cheeks, but she soon composed herself, looking up at me. “Do you miss him?”

“Very much,” I replied.

“Do you ever think about him?”

“All the time,”

“Did you love him?”

“I still do.”

She paused for a moment, looking down at the blanket spread across her body. “I wish I could remember him.”

“He remembers you.” I told her.

“How? He’s dead.” she said.

“Yeah, but now he’s up in Heaven with all the angels. And he’s looking down on us and protecting us. He saved you from that coma.”

She smiled and looked up at the ceiling, “Thank you, Ash. When I die, I’ll come up to Heaven and thank you in person.”

I grinned, a tear rolling down my face. “Why don’t we say goodnight to him?” I suggested.

She nodded, approving of this idea. “Goodnight, Ash.” she said, looking up at the ceiling again.

“Goodnight, Ash.” I repeated after her, also staring up at the ceiling. “I love you.” Then I walked out of her room and into my own. And when I got inside, I walked over to the window and stared out. Looking right into my old room.
THE END

Author's Note: So what did you guys think of the ending? Also, keep your eyes peeled because I'll be posting the 1st chapter of the sequel to EC+AM=4ever soon.

So what did you guys think of the ending? Also, keep your eyes peeled because I'll be posting the 1st chapter of the sequel to EC+AM=4ever soon.

ashkash95 SILVER, New Hyde Park, New York

"Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:8

If i wasn't so tired and my eyes weren't dry i would be crying...this was amazing and someone needs to publish it and make it a book ASAP

KoreanNinja11, Denver, Colorado
haha yeah no problem!

Riley141 GOLD said...
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

I just got done reading your story/book. And it was really good. Keep writing. I can imagine how hard it was to write a book. I tried and its hard not to discourage yourself...verry good job

wow thank u so much! it truly means a lot to me that u think that about my work! thanks so much for reading it and i'm glad u like it :)

OMG, that's really pretty amazing that my writing can actually do that to people! lol i'm so glad u like it and thank u so much for reading it! :)

Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

This is a really great story. A lot of people didn't like your characters, and thought it was so sad, however that is what is truly great about it. You managed to make your readers feel something towards your characters, towards your story. That is truly amazing. Sure there were some things that could be improved, but you got through to your readers. You have a great potential as an author. I'm excited to read more of your work!

MrsMarieJonas, Algiers, Other
I FINISHED READING THE WHOLE STORY LAST NIGHT, AND I COULDNT SLEEP THE WHOLE NIGHT! I WAS SO TOUCHED, YOUR STORY IS JUST AMAZING, YOU ARE REALLY TALENTED, AND THIS WEEK, I FELT LIKE AN ADICTION FOR READING THAT, I WAS ALWAYS STUCK ON MY COMPUTER TO READ IT, AND I CRIED!

wow thats really great! not that u cried, but that my story brought so much emotion to u lol i'm so glad u like it & thanx for reading! :)

KoreanNinja said...
Okay I want you to know something about me... I never cry. EVER! I don't cry in front of anyone or even by myself. But good job. Your story made me cry... Great story... GET PUBLISH!!!

lol thanx so much! believe me, i wanna get it publsihed too lol! that's like my dream! :)

cHicKEnWaNg1 SILVER, Marietta, Georgia

It aint no thang but a chicken wang

i thoughtit was the most dumbest sweetest stupidest adrenaline rushing reckless breathe taking most confusing and wonderful story ever and i liked so much i want you to get it published so that next time i read it itll be between covers cause this is way to hard

thanks so  much! i hope it works out and i hope u guys all like it too! it should be posted on here pretty soon :)

Sixteen PLATINUM, Jaipur, Other

Its not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. - Calvin

ohk..so i am glad you are writing a sequel..and its heartbreak but still how can there be a story without ASH??

well...i think you would make it work cause u r a gr8 writer..!!!

YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado

"Laugh, it keeps the world from falling apart"

kkk thnx hun

lol, yeah i know it sux cuz lots of people liked ash lol, but that was my plan from the beginning so i had to stick with it so that i could make the sequel the way i'm going to. btw the sequel's called ec-am=hearbreak :)

Its gonna be called EC-AM=Heartbreak and I have the first 4 chapters written already. I'm gonna submit them to this website tonight. :)

ButterflyGirl1313 PLATINUM, Phoenix, Arizona

"..and these children that you spit on as they try to change their worlds, they are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.." -David Bowie

You suck for making him die! and how can there possibly be a sequel?!?!

YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado

There's a sequel? Wats it called?