Remembering Him | Teen Ink

Remembering Him

March 23, 2010
By Anique_ThePoet GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
Anique_ThePoet GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
10 articles 33 photos 111 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A writer should write with his eyes and painter paint with his ears." ~Gertrude Stein~


The heat of the shower beads pulsed to the back of her neck. Steam arouse around the bathroom as a thick fog in spring. Her eyes closed thinking in pitch black. She sees his face, and feels his presence behind her. Caressing her body and kissing with steam melted explosions. She opens her eyes and he’s gone. With her fingers she combs through her long thick curls behind her ear. She beats the shower to a stop and squeezes the extra water out of her hair. She pushes back the shower curtain and the fog still lays. She steps out leaving the drips and drops of her footprint. She takes the towel off the rack and dries her caramel skin. As she begins to dry her hair, she feels him come back. Running his fingers through her curls, massaging the back of her neck, and holding her close. She touches her side and his hand wasn’t there. Pulling her wet curls in a ponytail, she then begins to dress. Under clothes first, shorts and tank top last. She struggles to keep the mirror clear as the fog was still present. She gets a sudden chill down her spine. His spirit in tact taking his shape she loved. She could see him, feel him, and smell him standing behind her, though the mirror showed no image. Hugging in warmth and sensitive to his touch. Blurring kisses he gives her assurance. He fades as the fog has faded. Feeling him slip away again. A rush of light whispers, “I love you.” She opens the bathroom door with tears in her eyes. She walks out of the bathroom and heads outside. Prepared to walk the two hour distance. She could feel him walking beside her, with a smile on his face and his hair flowing back to the wind which blew. She continued to let her sorrows spill over her eyelids as he hugged her tight. She wipes her eyes as she finally realizes that she stands still and is looking down to his tombstone. She gets on her knees and touches the marble. She kisses his name, his birth date, and his last encouraging words. She filled up with anger as she cursed his death date. Remembering the night of the crash which killed him, and hospitalized her. Tears furiously coming down her face, she hugs his tombstone, “I love you too.”


The author's comments:
Have no clue where it came from, but it did. leave comments!