Lock and Key (Part 2) | Teen Ink

Lock and Key (Part 2)

By TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado
TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado

"Go for whatever you want, even if your friends aren't backing you up. "

"Well the girl I like is..."I cut him off by putting my hands in the air.
"We promised not to say who we like."
"Right." He looked disappointed.
The wind blew my hair behind me and I started drawing again. I could feel him staring at me, to catch his eye and have and akward silence.

A couple of minutes later I remembered about my friend, Lisa's, party. Maybe I could just invite Jared since he is breaking up with Chelsea, I thought.
"Hey Jared."
He looked up from his hands, which was flipping through the music,"Yeah?"
"Well my friend, Lisa, the one I always tell you about, well she's having this party on Saturday and I was wondering if er- maybe you might uh..want to go with me?"
He was silent for a little. I think he was thinking what he should say.
"Sure. Yeah I'll go with you. What do I have to wear?"
"What you would wear to a club, but alittle more casual." I was really glad he said yes. "Well I have to go inside now, I'll pick you up on Saturday at 3:30 pm."
"Or I'll just meet you at your house."
"Er-sure," I was starting to get clamy because if he were to come over than he would meet my mom and I didn't want anyone to meet her. I grabbed my pad and pencil and headed inside. I looked back and saw Jared was looking at me, then I gave him a smile and closed my door.

The next day I woke up with a wierd feeling in my stomach. I suddenly had the hurg to stay home because I didn't want to go to school with no one to talk to. I got up quickly, before I my mom got up, and I rushed to get ready. Once I got into omy car I headed to school.
Walking into the hallway was unconfortable. No one looked at me or talked to me. I was a ghost, living a soup opera. I couldn't talk because if I did I felt like people would think I'm new and that would be even worse. The day was half over and I was heading towards the cafiteria. I glanced over at the football table and caught Sabrina's eye. She gave me a sour look and I turned away. I decided to just go out to eat.
I was headed to my car when someone called my name.
"Kathrine..."
I turned around and saw Jared was trying to get my attention.
"Hey, what are you doing?"
"We are outside, no one will see."
"What do you want?"
"I was just wondering if we are still on for after school?"
"What!?"
"To go look at houses."
I totally forgot about today. I didn't know if I really wanted to go with him because I didn't want to get in the confersation of why I was doing this.
"Right well wanna meet me at my house at like 4:30?"
"Sure."

The rest of the day was lonely. No one talked to me. They were all feeding off of the gossip and their own "personal struggles." Even though their struggles aren't as bad as mine. The only person who really did look at me was Wes. Wes was the tough guy in school. No one talked to him and no one had anything to do with him because there were rumors he almost killed a kid. But I worked with Wes. He was cool. He really only talked to me because he said I was different. He's the only one aloud at my house and I the same at his. I would say our relationship is deeper than Jared's and mine. I'm the lock and Wes has the key that unlocks me. There is only one key and he has it.

I got home and got my stash of money.
*Ding Dong*
I wanted to kill who ever was at the door because now I know they just woke my mom up.
"Who the f*** is at the d*** door!!" That's not all she said. I ran downstairs before she could get out of bed and grab me. I yanked the door open and saw it was Wes.
A smile grew on my face and I grabbed him arm and pulled him to my car.
"What are you doing?" He said worried.
"You woke up my mom. We have to get out of here."
"Oh s***. I totally forgot. Sorry"
"It's fine. So what you doing here?"
"Just wanted to see if you wanted to hangout tonight."
"Well actually Jared and I were going to go look at some houses." Wes gave me a sour look. He didn't like me and Jared's relationship. He thought Jared would turn on me at some point.
"Can I come?"
"Sure."
I drove to Jared's house and honked. I told him 4:30 sharp and he wasn't ready. I signed and walked up to his front porch. I knocked and heard people's voices from inside. Jared opened the door and came out quickly.
"Hello, I'm late. The realtor is waiting." I was already mad at him.
"Sorry Chelsea came over unexpected. She wanted to talk. Can I call you later tonight or talk to you later?"
"Whatever, 10 is the latest I'll be waiting out there." I really didn't want to wait out on the balcony tonight.
"Okay. Bye." He looked flushed.
I walked to my car and started the engine.
"Is he coming?"
"He's dealing with girl problems." I turned and gave Wes a "Go Figures" look. He laughed and we were off.

By now we've visited 5 houses near campus. We just arrived at the sixth one and I loved the landscape of this one. It was light brown, more of a tan, and it had a little gardan out front. Green grass surounded me and I walked on the little pebble path. Going through the little red door that led to a extravagant living room. I walked in and went through the door that led to the spacious kitchen. I loved this kitchen. It had italian marble and a big island. I walked passed the kitchen in a dase and ended up in the dinning room. I turned to looke at Wes and gave him a big smile.
"I'm going to look upstairs." I said about woozy.
I walked up a very nice carpeted stair case and went into the master bedroom to the right. As I walked in I could feel my jaw drop. There was a dumbo bed with a flat screen on the wall. Walking in the bathroom I saw a steam shower and again italian marble. To sinks were on the counter and just beyond the bathtube a masive closet awaited my arrival. I walked into a closet that was just wanting my clothes to fill it. I went back into the bedroom and saw curtains draping over a certain area of the room. I pulled them to the side and saw it was a balcony. I opened to glass door and stepped outside. When I got back inside I turned to the realtor and said,"I'll take it!"
We got all the paper worked filled out and she left. It was Wes and I in a beautiful house.
"You're really moving here. Wow."
"Yeah. Well we should get going. Want to help me pack my things?"
"Sure."

To be continued....

You really only could tell one person everything, even though you tell a lot of people. You leave out all the important details out except to that one person.

writerfluid SILVER, Tempe, Arizona

Greater good? I am your wife. I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get!

This is pretty good!  I like the plot so far.  But you really need to pay more attention to spelling.  Apparantly, Kathrine is living in a "soup opera". :)

DannyKid33 PLATINUM, Pleasant Hill, California

"Don't ever let the media tell you what to look like. You're beautiful the way you are. Stay beautiful, keep it ugly." - Gerard Way.

this is so awesome!! i need the next one NOW!! haha u've got some talent girl :)

TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado

Thank you all for your comments! I'll try to post the next one soon!

M.S.S. GOLD said...
M.S.S. GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

"WACKADOO!!!" "You made a funny!" "Red Seven! Red Seven!! Red Seh-ven-a!!!" "Swaaaaag!!!!" "Ratchet" "God Said No" "God Said Yes"

c'mon i need the rest now...this is so good

Meli138 said...
Meli138, GP, Texas

"Like a bird with broken wings its not how high he flies but the song he sings"
"Everybody live like its the last day you will ever see tell me tell me do you feel the pressure now?"

Great job! Wheres the rest????!!!! There is mores isnt there? There has to be more! :) 

contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

i love this it rocks! keep up the awesome writing! =)

Riley141 GOLD said...
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

It had a few grammer errors..but other than that it was realy good.I liked that she actuly bought the house, that was nice.And I also like Wes he's kinda cool.

Green8a8 SILVER, NY, New York

im the author of my life, unfortunately im writing in pen therefore i can't erase nothing about it.-by some crazy friend of mine

omg i cant wait till the next part you got my anting more

i cant wait

great job, keep on writing