Not again | Teen Ink

Not again

By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

“Don’t do that! Don’t do that ever again!” I snapped, pulling myself away from him. Hugs and kisses, I scoffed at the thought. I couldn’t handle it from him. Hugs were for those you cared about. I didn’t care for him. Kisses were for those you love. I didn’t love him. Not anymore.

Mike flinched and pulled his arm back. If I hadn’t stopped him he would have given me a bear hug and kissed my cheek with his smoke filled mouth. I broke up with him for a reason. I didn’t want his tobacco-addict lips against mine. But some would say he broke up with me. Why you ask? Because his smoke filled a** was too good for me.

Ha. Funny.

As if. I was the straight-a, freshman, cheerleader. Maybe not a head cheerleader, but I was smart, athletic, and cute. I don’t think you can beat that. I wasn’t Jessica Williams (the unintelligent, cute, head cheerleader), but in my book I was way better. So whatever. The only people who would believe that he was even A LITTLE better than me were addicts themselves. So again, I say “whatever”.

“OHHH!” Gilbert Vasquez teased, “REJECTED!”

Our cafeteria table burst into hysterical giggles. Mike flushed a crabby, unattractive red and moved away. For a star sophmore basketball player, he was very soft. I watched his back and felt a little guilty. He was a smoking addict, but he wasn’t proud of it. He had tried to quit like I told him to, but he gave up. But he wasn’t proud of it. It was the one and only thing I couldn’t fault him for.

In everyone else’s eyes- those who thought I was right to let him go- think he’s just the cocky star player. He was the guy who caught a break and wants to enjoy it. He wasn’t, though. Not to me.

I watched him settle into a seat two tables away filled with some of the other basketball players. He met my eyes and I mouthed the only words I could think of.

“I’m sorry.” He shook his head and looked down. I turned back to the table and saw Jessica staring at me.

“You shouldn’t do that, Erica.”

“Do what?”

“Apologize.” I turned away from her. “You have to remember he isn’t just the basketball smoking addict. He’s worse, okay? Remember that.”

I peeked at her hard gaze and nodded. She wasn’t smart academic wise, but as a senior she was the smartest person I knew. Mike was worse. He did way worse, but that still didn’t matter to me. I wronged him just as much as he wronged me, no matter how much I looked like the victim.

Shane Grayson, who sat across the table, also a freshman and basketball player, gazed at me questioningly. I met his gaze and he immediately looked away. He was probably mad at me. He was one of Mike’s friends. I sighed aloud. Mike was popular too so whatever I seemed to do to him mattered way too much.

It felt like slowly everyone would turn from me. I bet if Jessica wasn’t by my side everyone would have turned from me. I glanced at Mike again.

Everyone was turning already, but they weren’t turning from me. They were turning from him. I’m sorry, I thought again.
-to be continued-

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

of course:) its on its way~

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

haha thanks, but u'll have to wait a little while longer haha:) i'm waiting for approval and u know how long that takes;) 

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

thanks! the next piece is short, or short to me 'cuz this piece is about two pages and the next one is only one, but with long paragraphs:) haha, i hope you'll like it. i'm waiting on approval:) and thanks again!!

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

okay, okay:D haha i'm writing or typing or watever, the next piece is short.. just waiting for approval:)

Annabelle294 SILVER, Branford, Connecticut
This is really good, i can't wait to read more!

YellowStar24 BRONZE, Litchfield, New Hampshire

no worries, its all good

very unique story line! moremore!!

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

WRITE MORE!!!!

LiveLife2theMax GOLD, Wicklow, Other

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
-Robert Frost

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

aww.. i really like this
more please??

:)