omance in the Halls | Teen Ink

omance in the Halls

By SimplyRachel PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
SimplyRachel PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."
~Unknown
"Things change, friends leave, and life doesn't stop for anybody."
~Stepgen Chbosky

I sit there; waiting, wondering, scared. It's time to receive our assignments, class assignments that is. "Ms. Rodriguez." called the counsler; Mrs. Williams. I walked up to her, took my paper and sat back down.
I took a deep breath and opened the envelope. I looked down at the paper and I wanted to scream. I got Ms. Maria (she goes by her first name since she's only 22 years old.) I like her and all, and it's not that she's a bad teacher or anything, but she's just a very emotional person.
The first bell rang and I grabbed my bag and walked out. "Alex!" someone behind me yelled. I spun around and saw Isabella, my second best friend. She ran up to me and gave me a big hug. I was so happy to see her, I hadn't seen since mid July.
As it turns out Issy had Ms. Maria too. We went through half the day in her class. Then we went to second block, our elective and finally third period rolled around. I almost got lost though even though it was a small hallway.
I had a brain fart and wrote down the wrong name. I got to class on time though. Anyways I walked in and sitting in the back of the second row was none other than Jacob Martinez, my best friend. I was glad he was here; I hadn't seen him since the last day of school last year.
He was supposed to go somewhere else this year. He saw me and waved. I smiled, sat down and sighed. This day was barely half over and it's to long already. I hate school so much, I'm just glad Jacob goes here again. He means alot to me, Issy too, but I didn't have a crush on her for year and a half.
We got a little free time at the end of class and I went and sat down in the back by Jacob. "Hey Jake." I said "I thought you weren’t gonna be here this year." "Ya, I know." He sighed "My mom made me come." "I'm glad she did." I told him. He looked up and smiled, "Yeah, me too."
Then the bell rang, class was over. Time for next block. One class closer to the end of the day and freedom. At least until tomorrow.

* * * *
I think back on yesterday and I wonder. Does Jacob know? Should I tell him? I know he likes me but does he know that I like him? I want to tell him but I'm afraid of what he's going to say.

5 weeks Later
OK! You know what, I don't care what he'll think, I'm going to tell him anyways. I wrote him a note, it said: We need to talk its really important love Ali. Ali is my little nickname he gave me a couple years ago.
I gave it to him in the hall and told him I'd see him later. I didn't see the rest of the day, so I got really worried. I waited by the front door at the end of the day just in case.
As soon as he walked out I grabbed his hand a pulled him aside. "So....." he said. "You wanted to talk." "Yeah." "I do." I said. "I just wanted to tell you I really do like you and I-" I stopped there; I didn't remember what I was going to say.
I quickly leaned in and kissed him softly. I turned and ran to my bus. I looked back and waved before I got on. I saw him standing there blinking, too shocked to move. Then I saw a big smile cross his face, one I hadn't seen since the first day of school.
He shook his head and waved back. Then he ran to his bus and jumped on. I was love-struck the rest of the day. I wanted to go back to school so bad. I couldn't wait until tomorrow.

* * * *
I got to school and stepped off my bus. I heard someone call my name and I spun around just in time to see Jacob throw his arms around me. "Hey." I said "What’s up?" He smiled "I don't know, you tell me." He reached down and we locked hands.
His were soft and warm, it felt good. He turned toward me and I smiled. He leaned in and kissed me. He leaned back out and hand-in-hand we walked to class. The one I love so dearly is finally mine.

on Jun. 15 2010 at 9:46 am
foshizalman469 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

you can if u think u can

i had the simmalar experiance with some1 to

~Unknown
~Stepgen Chbosky

Sorry about the title, there was a typo. It's supposed to be Romace In The Halls.