Waiting for You | Teen Ink

Waiting for You

May 28, 2010
By a7xangel SILVER, East Hampton, New York
a7xangel SILVER, East Hampton, New York
5 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
My heart still aches in sadness, and secret tears still flow. What it meant to lose you, no one will ever know.


It was August 7th, the day that would change my life forever. You walked into my cousin’s guest bedroom, where I had been staying, came up behind me and slammed your hands down on my almost full suitcase. I turned towards you, with the look in my eye like I was about to cry. And that’s when it came out. “I love you,” you said. You were completely serious, too. I could tell, because usually when you’re joking you have that sexy smirk on your face, like you’re about to crack up any second. I didn’t say anything. I just opened back up my suitcase, and continued packing. “I can’t let you leave me here. I know it’s only been a month, but you – you’re an amazing person. I fell in love as soon as I heard you said, “I’m not weird, it’s called having a personality.”” Oh here they come. Tears came pouring out of my ever so beautiful eyes; well according to you, they were. “Can you say something please? Aw, come on now, don’t cry!” I slid down onto the floor and buried my face in my hands. Great, now my make-up was smudged.

“Why do you have to do this to me now? I’m only sixteen! You’re nineteen! I’m going back to school in less than a month, and if I tell you I’ll come back once I graduate, you will have already forgotten about me!” I yelled. Now the crying had turned into sobbing.

“I will never forget you; ever. Just stay with me, please?” he said, with those puppy dog eyes that I loved.

“I can’t. I need to go home, finish school. Until then, we can keep in contact through email and phone. Maybe you could come to New York sometime. And once I graduate, and you decide you still want me, well I’d love to come back here. New Zealand is a beautiful country.”

You kissed me on the forehead one last time. And then you kissed me on the lips. “Then I'll be waiting for the day until I can be with you again,” you said. And that’s when I knew I loved you.