Little Wishes | Teen Ink

Little Wishes

May 26, 2010
By inheavenshands BRONZE, Kaysville, Utah
inheavenshands BRONZE, Kaysville, Utah
4 articles 10 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::


Please never forget the look on my face when we first met. Please excuse me, but you were the nicest thing I had ever seen. We should just pretend that we have something, just for a weekend or even a day. Why can’t we give it a go? I always make little wishes when I am around you. Right now I am at 23. Sometimes I wish that my smile was your favorite kind of smile, sometimes I even wish that I was the reason that you were in the world. Other times I wish for the simplest things, like that you will play with my hair or make me laugh, sometimes I even long for a touch. What if I was your favorite kind of girl? What if you needed me? What if without me you couldn’t breathe, sleep or eat? I wish I were the last thing on your mind before you dreamed every night. I guess that I wish that you loved me. I wish we could be something, but wishes are just wishes, and wishes don’t always come true.


The author's comments:
A girl falls in love with a boy, every day she spends more and more time with him. Every time they do she makes little wishes, and everyday that wish list gets longer. None of the wishes ever come true, and she finally comes to the realization that the boy she is in love with will never love her back. No matter how hard she wishes.