The Unknown | Teen Ink

The Unknown

June 16, 2010
By real_as_can_be101 PLATINUM, Mustang, Oklahoma
real_as_can_be101 PLATINUM, Mustang, Oklahoma
23 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can love and hate, but which is more irrate? -unknown


I was not even about to think of this partier as a crush. Too late. He did have beautiful face complexion, and I did mention his eyes were gorgeous.

“So, since we're going to work together, what kind of music do you listen to?” he said.

“Well, anything really. I love the Black Eyed Peas. U2 is good too, they're coming to town! I so wish I could go.”

“I actually have tickets to that, Sunday night right?”

I stopped breathing for a second I think, “Yeah, Sunday. You're so lucky!”

“Yeah, I just don't have anyone to go with.”

Think Lisa, think. Was he asking me out, or was he just saying something? “Well you're really lucky to have those tickets!” I decided to say.

The bell rang and there was hustling in the room. Everyone was washing their utensils off and hanging up their aprons. I took off my goggles and handed them to the teacher as I walked out. I turned around to say bye to Mark. He smiled as I walked out.

Friday was something else. I walked into class and sat at the same spot next to Mark. He had already had everything at the beautiful table for two.

“So, I think I might have found someone for those tickets.” he stated.

“Oh, great. I hope they have fun.” I had to hold myself back from crying.

“I think she will. She seems like she'd be fun to hang out with too.” he said.

“Right. So, where did we leave off?”

“On the project?”

“Yes, the project.”

He started in on the assignment and I half way listened to what he said. I knew I should have told him I wanted to go to the concert. This is stupid. I don't think that often, okay I do, but it was my stupid mistake. Class went by fast, partially because I wasn't listening to him. That's okay. I don't think he noticed. I helped put away our equipment when the bell rang, and turned in my goggles as I walked out. I made it all the way to my locker to put my stuff away for lunch before I realized that Mark was following me. I turned around and asked him what he wanted.

“Well, this girl that I wanted to take to that concert hasn't answered me yet. I was wondering if you could help me ask her.”

“You want me to help you ask a girl out?” what nerve he had.

“Yes, if that's okay.”

“Just flat out ask her.” I turned around and started the code on my locker.

“Lisa, there is this concert on Sunday and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me.”

I stopped and looked at Mark straight in the face.

“Yes, I would love to go with you. But can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Why did you make me think it was another girl?”

He smiled and handed me a ticket, “I will pick you up at six thirty so I can take you to dinner.”

“Okay.” I smiled and took the ticket. I told all my friends at lunch and they all laughed. Anna asked me, “What about Lucas?”

“I don't know.” I said, “He wasn't even in class.”

“Today he was.”

“Oh, I didn't even notice.”

I guess that goes to show that the barbiedoll Ken type isn't always what you need.

Oh, and Sunday was the best date ever.


The author's comments:
This is the second half of this peicce. it was just a freewrite, i didn't revise anything yet.