What Does the Heart Want? | Teen Ink

What Does the Heart Want?

By ImaginationStation BRONZE, Amboy, Illinois
ImaginationStation BRONZE, Amboy, Illinois

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

When life gets tough, you’re supposed to listen to your heart. Listening to your heart is supposed to be the hardest good decision of your life - and it’s supposed to bear good consequences. But what if listening to your heart is a bad decision? Now, I’m not shooting down listening to your heart, but I’m not exactly condoning it either.
Isn’t your heart supposed to change its course throughout life? So why would they make two contradicting statements? Well, I’ve come to a conclusion: A) They’re just trying to confuse us, or B) It means that the heart will never be satisfied. Maybe our hearts were designed like that on purpose.
Because if our heart became satisfied, then there would be no reason to keep living. So, maybe, when old folks die peacefully in their sleep, that means their heart is fully satisfied.
And I guess the real tragedy is when someone dies without a satisfied heart. Yea, that’s the real tragedy..

I don't really remember why I wrote this, but I know it means something to me. I hope it means something to you, too.

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was really sweet, and insightful.  I loved it.  Awesome job:)Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?