Reality Check.. You Pt4 | Teen Ink

Reality Check.. You Pt4

By LiveLife2theMax GOLD, Wicklow, Other
LiveLife2theMax GOLD, Wicklow, Other

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
-Robert Frost

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

I run to the bathrooms and stay there until the bell rings. I go to get up from the cubicle floor when I hear the door opening. I keep as quiet as I can. I don’t want anyone to see me, to look at me, to talk to me. I hear two girls talking. They’re talking about you. But ever so swiftly, the conversation moves onto me. I blink in surprise. One girl is saying how much I’ve changed. She refers to me as a Barbie doll. I wouldn’t really describe myself as that personally, but whatever. The other girl is saying she thinks I look nice. Hmm, I’ve instantly warmed to that chick. They talk a little bit more about your party and lipgloss and other crap. Finally they leave, late for class, but then again so am I. I decide not to go to class.

The next bell rings after what seems like hours. I get up quick and run to class. It’s English. And yippee for me, you are in my class. You’re not on my mind though. Well, not that much. I have a new mantra. I’ve been repeating it over and over to myself. It goes: I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot. You should try it actually. But maybe replace the word idiot for jerk. You’re staring at me all through English. I can feel your eyes on me. Every now and then I look up and there you are, across the room, just staring. Every time I look up and see you staring, I immediately look down and repeat my mantra. Its working, kind of.

its pure crap, i know.. but bare with me. it might grow on you.. like a wart or something :)

ArinellWingheart GOLD, Boulder, Colorado

"I don't think I can change the world, but I'll give everything I have to make the world change itself."

This was so colorful and unassuming and yet managed to really hit something. Your comment on it made me laugh too... although I have to say I don't really appreciate your wart-inflicting.