EC+WM=4never (2) | Teen Ink

EC+WM=4never (2)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

10:30 a.m.
Will’s Car

“So she just left you here?” Will inquired when I finished explaining to him what had happened.
“Yep,” I replied. After my dizziness had receded, I’d immediately called Will on my cell phone. He showed up within five minutes.
“Well what the hell?” he cried.
“I know right!” I said. Even Will seemed to think that Nina’s actions were cruel and completely crazy. I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket and whipped it out, only to see that I had a new text. From Nina. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” I muttered.
“What is it?” Will asked me, his brow knitting together in curiosity.
“She just texted me.” I told him.
His eyes went wide in shock, “Well what does it say?”
I sighed and opened up the text, reading it aloud. “Hey, Evalynne. Just bought a super cute pair of shoes at the mall. Too bad you ditched me once we set foot in the mall. You could’ve bought a pair too. Oh well, maybe next time.”
At first I was confused by what she’d said. We hadn’t gone into the mall together, and I hadn’t ditched her. So why was she saying that I had?
“What is she talking about?” Will queried, clearly just as baffled as I was. But then, it suddenly clicked.
“Oh my gosh!” I exclaimed, both stunned and furious at what a freakin’ nutcase Nina was. “That’s the excuse she’s going to give to my Dad when she comes home from the mall without me!”
Will’s jaw dropped, “Damn, that lady’s out of her freakin’ mind! I mean seriously, who does that?”
I shook my head, my skin prickling with heat. “Apparently, Nina does. I’m just mad because I know that my dad’s going to believe her over me. He believes everything she says.” I sighed, blinking back tears.
“Isn’t there a way for her to be arrested? For like, adultery or something?” Will wondered aloud.
“I don’t know. But I do know that Nina’s probably on her way home right now to tell my dad that I ditched her. And when he finds out, he’s going to call my phone and yell at me to come back home so I can pack up my stuff and go.” I bit my lip, wishing that Dad had never even met Nina. If Dad and Nina hadn’t met, none of this crap would’ve been happening.
“No, you can’t let her win like that.” Will said. “You need to get out of there before he tells you too. Tell him what a crazy, psychotic homewrecker Nina is. Tell him what a two-timing, monstrous tool he is. Let him know that he can’t force you to forgive him. Make him feel just as hurt as you do. Let him know that he’s brought this upon himself.”
I looked up at Will, feeling a whole new sense of vigor and confidence. “You’re right.” I said to him. “I can’t just let them destroy my life. I need to take control.”
He nodded firmly, “Exactly,”
I grinned, so grateful to have Will in my life. But underneath that gratefulness, underneath all the happiness, was desire for more. Sure, it was great to have Will as my friend. He was kind, funny, loyal. He was practically flawless. And that was exactly why I wanted him to be more than just a friend. Because I was in love with him.
And I just fell deeper and deeper in love with every moment I spent with him. I yearned for him to share the same feelings that I felt, but about a month ago, I’d found out that he didn’t like me that way. I’d kissed him, and afterwards he’d explained to me that he only saw me as a friend. He’d broken my heart, but I’d plastered on a smile anyways and told him that I only liked him as a friend too.
“Ok, so let’s drive over there right now then.” he suggested.
“Yeah, sure,” I replied, nodding in agreement. And so he revved up the engine of his black Volvo, and then we were off to Nina’s apartment.
“So, do you have any idea where you’re going to go after you leave Nina and your dad?” Will asked me.
I bit my lip, realizing that I didn’t have anywhere to go. “Um, no, not exactly,” I admitted.
“Well I would offer to let you stay with me, but as you know, my parents kicked me out.” he said. I nodded, still sympathetic for him. It really wasn’t fair that his parents had kicked him out the way they did just because they found out that Michael wasn’t the perfect son they thought they had. They were both still in a state of denial, thinking that Will had framed him, that Will was at fault for Michael’s actions.
And so they kicked him out. But he had nowhere to go, so he stayed in his car. And each night he found a new parking lot to park in so that he could go to sleep. Was that how I was going to have to live too? I couldn’t imagine living in my car. Even if it only lasted for a month. But what else could I do? Kristy still hated me. She blocked me from her phone. Dad would tell Mom the same story Nina told him, so she wouldn’t let me stay with her again until May. I’d have to live out of my car.
“I guess I’m just going to have to do the same thing as you then.” I replied.
“You know, it’s not as bad as it seems.” he told me, obviously noting my disappointed expression.
I flashed him a weak smile, “Yeah, I’m sure I’ll be fine. I just wish my parents would stop being so freakin’ ridiculous and let me go back home already.”
He nodded. “Yeah. I know the feeling.” he said just as he parked his car in the parking lot outside Nina’s apartment building. We both got out and walked up to the front doors.
“You don’t have to go in with me if you don’t want to. I have my car here.” I said.
“I know I don’t have to, but I want to. It’s always good to have some moral support when you’re about to tell someone off.” He smiled, which of course mad me smile too.
“Thanks,” I said.
“No problem,” he replied.
I sighed deeply, a bit nervous about what I was about to do. Although, having Will there with me did help. But I was still nervous. “Alright,” I said, “here goes nothing.”

Here's chapter 2....I'm sorry but I had to start writing about Will soon haha. I love him! Lol :)

Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas

"You might not like me, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!"
"L.O.V.E's just another word I'll never learn to pronounce...."

wait wait wait wait...... wait.  why is  kristy mad at evalyyne?  O_o

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

YEEEEESSS! Lol I love Will too, so glad that you brought him back soon.  Please write more soon!