Thank You, Konor | Teen Ink

Thank You, Konor

July 29, 2010
By redz14 SILVER, Bridgeton, New Jersey
redz14 SILVER, Bridgeton, New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 21 comments

I place a pinch of Betta food into my fish tank. A red fish swims quickly to the surface of the tank and swallows the pellets one at a time. I walk over to my bed and flip open a People’s magazine. Apparently, Brad Pitt cannot decide over Jennifer or Angelina Jolie… again.
“Oh, Brad! I am two times the woman they are!” I mumble in a joking tone. I skim the pages more and then I slowly drift to a sleep. But, as soon as I swear I was under there was a knock on my door. “Meeeeeeeehh,” I whine, upset that this person had bad timing.
The door opened and a head popped out to the side. It was Konor, my boyfriend of three weeks. His hair was messy, like her forgot to comb it. It looked like he was struck by lighting and his hair frayed out. “May. I. Come. In?” he talked with a pause between each word. I really wanted him to but I was way too tired to REALLY want him to.
“Mmmmmhmmmmm,” I said as I burry my head into my pillow. I can hear him walk over to me and sit on my bedside. He took his hand and started to rub my back. Wow, what a talent to have. He could really pursue this. Konor’s rubbing was so peaceful I started falling asleep. Probably after a minute of closed eyes I was definitely asleep.
I wake up and I feel an arm over my body and another was under. It was like someone fell asleep hugging me. I turn over and see that it was Konor. His eyes shut and his mouth parted slightly. I really hope he didn’t drool on my pillow! My hand moves over to his face and brushes his chin. His eyes open slowly and then his mouth opens wide in a yawn. Ew, stinky breath!
“Hi,” I say.
“Hey,” he replies with a groan.
To check the time I sit up and turn to the right. Over my shoulder with my peripheral vision I see that the time is 4:23 a.m. Did I really sleep through dinner? What happened? I turn back to Konor and look at him with confusion. He shrugs and stands up. Konor looks around the room as if he lost something. When he finally turns back to me he starts to explain, “Do you remember asking me to have dinner at your house?”
Confused I reply, “No,”
“Well, you did. Last night I came over for dinner. When your parents told me you were in your room I found you drifting off. Instead of waking you up, I let you fall asleep.”
“That doesn’t explain why your still here,”
“When you were asleep for about five minutes I opened your window and left. I talked with your parents and told them you fell asleep. When I left I gave it twenty minutes before I came back,”
“And you hopped through my window and fell asleep with me?”
“Yea,” he says. Konor doesn’t even look like he is afraid I’m going to blow up in his face. He is strong, which I like. Instead of busting his a** for being a creeper I take the high road and think of it as a cute thing. It was a pretty sweet thing to do. It showed character and that he wouldn’t stand me up. I respected that.
Standing up from my bed I start to lose balance and trip. But, I recover from what could have been a catastrophe and I hug my boyfriend. My arms grip onto him real tight. I dig my head into his chest and smell him. It sounds a little weird but I just wanted to know who would be lying next to me in the future from just his scent. “Thank you, Konor.” We stand there until dawn, though it felt like a century…


The author's comments:
The inspiration of this peice was out of bordome. I needed to write about somthing and I saw my old Betta food so, I started off from there. And the photo, is just one of my favorites.