Princess on the run chapter 3 | Teen Ink

Princess on the run chapter 3

July 28, 2010
By AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas
AlexxxX GOLD, Wichita, Kansas
18 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"A wise man makes more oppatunities then he finds\"


I had been on the run for the past 4 hours and was exausted. there was a sign for an inn, it said it was a mile away, I decided to keep walking because I needed food and a place to stay. I kept walking and eventually I made it to the inn. I walked up and knocked on the door,the inn keeper answered.
"Hello Madame" he said with a smle and he bowed. I curtseyed politely.
"How may I help you tonight Miss." He asked.
"Yes I need somwhere to stay for the night." I answered.
"Absolutely, come in come in please." he walked inside and I followed him in. He walked over to a big book.
"the swan chamber is free tonight and its only 15 bendles." he said to me.
"that sounds great, here." I reached into my pocket and handed the innkeeper 15 bendles.
"Wonderful, Wonderful, let me show you to your room." he replied and started walking toward some stairs, I followed him, he started to climb them. The inn was a descent looking place not excellent like the castle but it was good enough to stay in for a night.
"you look familiar" the inn keeper said as we walked up a second flight of stairs. I began to get nervous, I didnt want anyone to know I was the princess because I knew assoon as they figured it out I'd be forced to go back home and marry Todios.
"Well I'm well traveled" I said calmly. "Its possible I've stayed here before.
"Hmmm, I bet that's it." he said but he still didnt seem sure.
He began to walk down a hall and walked to thevery end of the hall and said "here is your room Miss."
"Thank you very much Sir." I turned and walked into my room as I did so the inn keeper said "If you need anything Miss just ask."
"Yes of course." I said and shut the door. I walked over to the bed and took my shoes off I layed down and closed my eyes and before I knew it I was asleep.

I awoke the next morning and I was starved. I got out of bed and put on a different traveling gown and packed up my stuff I put it on my bed. Then I went downstairs and went into the tiny (compaired to what I was used to) dining chamber. I walked over to a table and sat down, the dining mistress walked over to me and gave me a menue and asked what I would like to drink. I answered "just some orange juice." and she replyed "Yes absolutely Miss." and she walked away. I looked at the breakfest menu, I decided to get three omelets because I'd be traveling for maybe hours before I'd be able to eat again. When I ordered the dining mistress looked at me as if I were insane because I was ordering so much.
The mistress came back five minutes later with my food she set it down on the table and I immediately picked up my fork and began eating, I didnt really need to worry about manners so I didnt bother with them. I ate all three omelets. After I ate I asked the dining mistress to pack a lunch and some snacks for me and she came back about ten minutes later with a big box of food enough that should hopefully last me an entire day or more. I said thak you and left a tip on the table. I got up went back to my room, put the box in my bag and headed downstairs. I checked out with the inn keeper and started walking again. I was heading north as far away from Yannon as possible. I kept walking and I walked through a small town and stopped to eat trying to make my food last. I stopped at a little diner and sat down. I ordered some toasted catapillars and as I waited for my food to come I picked a newspaper that someone had left at the table I was sitting at. the second I picked it up the first thing I saw was the headline which said "Princess Nysatia Missing". I read this and realized how much trouble I was in and realized I had to run, now and had to hide I wouldnt be able to show my face anywhere and when I needed food I would have to disguise myself. I got up and quickly ran out of the diner I ran toward a forest a few hundred feet from the small village.


The author's comments:
Here it is chapter 3 of my story... tell me what you think :D