Secrets | Teen Ink

Secrets

August 4, 2010
By Future_author SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
Future_author SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
9 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
Some secrets can hurt, but sometimes they keep you safe, but all secrets are found out sooner or later.


Chapter 1

I walked into the English classroom.
I am in my junior year. So far life has been boring. I always sit by myself.
I walked to my seat in the back of the room. I have no friends, or family.
I was abandoned when I was 10. My neighbor always took care of me then she died when I was 13, almost 14. After that I lived on my own. When I turned 14 I got a job.
I was always the quiet one. Then in middle school they started calling me ' the weird one'.
I never paid attention to people. Actually people didn't pay attention to me. It was like I was invisible.
A few people still made fun of me. But it's really rare. And today is one of those days.
"Hey your that abandoned girl I was told about right?" A girl said.
I just continued to look at my desk.
"Hey look at me when I am talking!" She yelled.
She grabbed my hair and forced me to look at her.
She had blond hair and bright blue eyes.
"Don't pull my hair." I said slowly to make it sound menacing.
"What are you going to do about?" She said grabbing my hair again and pulling it harder.
I grabbed her arm and twisted it.
She laughed.
Luckily I was taught where the pressure points are when I was young. I grabbed the back of her neck. I kicked her on the back of her knee. She fell to the ground.
"Laugh at that." I whispered.
"Okay let go. It hurts." She whined.
I laughed this time.
"Will you touch my hair again?" I asked.
"No. I promise."
I smiled and let her go.
She gasped for air. I rolled my eyes.
"You will regret doing that." She said. She sat down just as Mr. Dawn came in.
I looked at the board and notice there were so many people still starring.
"All eyes on the board." Mr. Dawn said.
The stares went away.
I put my head on the desk.
I heard the door open and then shut lightly.
"Welcome to our school are you the new student?" I heard Mr. Dawn ask.
"Um yes." A voice said. It was a boy.
I didn't lift my head. I just starred at my notebook I now held on my lap. I was just about to draw when I heard the voice again.
"Hey I'm Ian." He said.
I looked up and saw him standing next to my table.
I noticed his amazing blue green eyes and his light blond hair.
"Um hi I'm Ana." My full name is Anabelle Rosemary Prima.
I had once learned my family was half Italian.
"Can I sit here?" He asked.
"Um sure."
I looked around. there were plenty of seats open. Why would he want to sit next to me?
He sat down.
I tried to pay attention, but I always peeked over to Ian.
I wonder why he had to move here, to sunny California.
The bell rung, making me jump.
I got up and walked to my next class. Ian walked with me.
"What's your next class?" He asked.
"um I have Russian." I said.
Again his eyes starred into mine.
"Me too." He said.
"I'll take you there then." I said.
I started walking. He slowed to keep up to my slow pace.
"Your name is only Ana or is it a nickname?" He asked abruptly.
"My full name is Anabelle Rosemary Prima." I said.
"My full name is Ian de Leon. Actually turns out my dad was half Mexican. My parents died when I was 14. I got a job and I am living by myself." He said.
I looked at him.
"My parents..um," Could I trust? yes. "Abandoned me when I was 10. My neighbor took care of me until I was 14 then she died and I am stuck with my self." I told him.
"You were younger then me. We both know how it feels then. Well except the part that you were younger." He said.
I nodded.
A girl walked over to Ian.
"Um are you the new boy?" She asked.
"I'm not sure. My name is Ian and I am new here."
I laughed.
"Ha ha ha. Well I have a party every year at my house and only the popular kids can go." She said glaring at me. "By the way my name is Brittany, call me Brit." She said.
I rolled my eyes.
"I'm sorry but I don't party." Ian said.
"Fine miss out on the best." She said walking away.
"Why did you turn down the offer?" I asked.
"I live alone and I have to work. But I would be very embarrassed if someone knew I am an orphan." He said.
"Everyone knows about me." I said. " I am tortured. But I love being ignored. I was surprised when you talked to me." I said.
We were at the door of the Russian class.
We entered quietly.
"Mr. Waltz this is Ian." I introduced.
They shook hands.
"Welcome Ian." Mr. Waltz always had that Russian accent.
"I had Russian at my old school. I learned a lot." He said.
Every table had 2 seats.
Ian and I sat together.
A girl walked over and looked at Ian.
"Hey want to sit with me. 'cause this one," she pointed at me. "likes to be alone. Figures, after being abandoned once she doesn't want to be like that ever again." She said.
"Hey I am right here." I said.
"Shut up wierdo." She said to me.
She pushed my temper a little to far. "Never call me weirdo." I said through my teeth.
She rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She said. She curled her brown hair and whispered, "Come on."
I looked at Ian. "Sorry I like sitting in the back." He said.
"Weirdo has a friend. How disgusting. But I never thought I'd see the day." She said.
Ian looked at me. "Calm down. She's trying to get to you."
I knew he was right. I noticed I was standing. I sat back down.
Ugly brown haired girl walked back to her seat. Her little pack of friends laughing when she started talking, of me.
"One day they will all regret saying those things about me." I said.
Ian chuckled. "I've never had a friend like you. Actually I was pretty much like you. Quiet. Ignored. Bothered. Even bullied, Oh and I was always searching for revenge." He said.
"That sounds just like me." I said.
He looked at me with kind eyes.
I smiled. For the first time in what felt like forever, I actually smiled.
He smiled back. His blue green eyes brightened and showed more than kindness. They showed love.
Turns out we have almost every class together.
At lunch, we sat together. We talked more about our selves.
I found out he has a dog named Hunter and he's a German Shepard.
In our last class, we were paying little attention to Mr. Jay.
"Hey want to come to my house?" I asked.
"Wait I have to ask my parents." He joked. "They said yes. oh wait they don't even live with me anymore."
I laughed. "Your.....funny." I said between laughs.
"Ms. Prima, do you want to share with the class what you are laughing at?" He said. Mr. jay is our strictest teacher ever.
"Um no it was a joke." I said.
"I love jokes." He said.
I thought quickly. "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
"Why?"
"Because another chicken kept saying paca." (A/N If you speak Spanish you will understand it.)
"That is not funny." Mr. jay said. 'Detention." He said.
I looked at Ian. He was chuckling at the joke. "Sorry you have detention." He said.
"No worries. I always sneak out." I said.
He chuckled.
His laugh was contagious.
I laughed with him. Quieter this time.

The author's comments:
This all started by a dream. My dreams are vivid they sometimes come to life.