Summer Love | Teen Ink

Summer Love

By readergirl95 BRONZE, Hopedale, Illinois
readergirl95 BRONZE, Hopedale, Illinois

I’m sitting in my backyard as I write this; that place by the trees and the field that I’ve pictured us being together so many times. As the sun hits my shoulders I think of all the times we’ve spent together. The time we went mini golfing with my family, I realized how well you fit into all of our lives without seeming to try. By now I’ve set aside so many songs to be ours, that if we should ever part ways, I won’t be able to listen to the radio without thinking of you and this summer. I keep trying to picture us a few years from now, going to college and having to leave each other. That thought never fails to break my heart a little bit. As I sit here waiting for your reply to my last text, I know that you’ll never read this story. I’ve never been the kind to wear my heart on my sleeve, mostly because I’m too scared that you’ll realize my true feelings and run the other direction. I love you. More than I can put into words, I depend on you for more than I should. I need you to keep me sane and sometimes a little bit insane. This reminds me of the time we went to Six Flags. Haha, you kept trying to get me to ride Mr. Freeze. You were so surprised when you realized how stubborn I can be. That was one of the best days of my life. Next time we go, I’ll ride that ride just to see the look on your face when you find out that you’re right, I do like that ride. I love making you happy. I love the way your eyes light up when you smile, and how when we have to spend time with my little sisters, you don’t seem to mind a bit. I hope someday we can move away together and stay that way forever. I wish I could spend the rest of my life with you but I know that the chances are slim that a high school couple will actually grow up and get married to each other. I would follow you anywhere if you asked me. You’re my summer.

I hope you like this story.

teenbookworm14 PLATINUM, Plainfield, Connecticut

"Nothing gold can stay" -Robert Frost

ah-greed!!!!!!

readergirl95 BRONZE, Hopedale, Illinois
Thanks Everyone! I liked writing this. it was a lot of fun to sum up my whole summer in a couple paragraphs.

DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

Thats was so adorable, I loved it

ShannonVictoria BRONZE, Dutch Haror, Alaska

"Love takes time. Don't keep asking random people to go out with you. If you wait, God will send the right person to you. But if you don't, then you may never find the one you're destend to be with." -Shannon McConnell

awwww!! :D Its soooo cuuttee!! :D I love it!! :D GOOD JOB! :D

readergirl95 BRONZE, Hopedale, Illinois
Haha. Thanks Brie

briennab BRONZE, Hopedale, Illinois
Wow Megs....loved it.....lylas....well i have to cuz u are my sis....good job....p.s. love u even if u werent my sis

readergirl95 BRONZE, Hopedale, Illinois
Thanks! :)

Saysh PLATINUM said...
Saysh PLATINUM, Brentwood, California

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

awwww, this was cute! it's an enjoyable read. :)