Recontrer(3) | Teen Ink

Recontrer(3)

By ilove2read124 GOLD, Dix Hills, New York
ilove2read124 GOLD, Dix Hills, New York

I glance around into the schools faces and I realize now the entire school's looking at me, the girl's eyes filled with jealousy, and the boys filled with curiosity, and Alexa's filled with a little understanding. She realized that we know each other from another time, and somehow, when it ended, we both ended up hurt.

I look back at Vlad and I realize I haven't said anything yet. I awkwardly say, “Yeah it's me. How are you Vlad?” And I can't believe it.

He winces, honestly, truly winces, I wonder what I did. Did I say something wrong? Is it my breath? I bet it stinks. He looks away, but he softly says, “Nobody calls me that anymore.”

I'm confused, so I only reply, “Oh.” Then I notice the girl behind him, she kind of looks like
Kim did, back in 7th grade, and you can't help but feel sorry for her. She looks so vulnerable now that Vlad doesn't have his arm around her anymore, protecting her. Then I'm reminded of me like that back then. I brashly say, “Who's that? Another human girl toy? Or an honest-to-goodness girlfriend?” I cannot believe that just came out of my mouth! Scarlett 1, Vlad, 0.

He cringes. What is up with all these signals like he's afraid? He’s acting like I’m gonna bite him! Ha, ha, bite...we’re vampires…God, do you understand any jokes? He looks away again but brings his attention back to me and says, his voice filled with determination, “I never meant to hurt you.”

I'm surprised. I'll admit it; I didn't expect he would say that. And I didn't expect that he would pick up that I'm mocking him. My voice fills with apprehension as I say, “Oh, so you tell a girl you love her, and then never talk to her again, and you think it won't hurt her?” Ticking off each thing like a checklist on my fingers.

Now he starts to look a little upset, rather than a stone statue, but that only makes him look better. Oh my God, this guy completely shattered my heart and I'm thinking about how good he looks? He looks eager now, like he wants to prove his worthless cause. He says, “I swear! Look, remember the night I told you I loved you?”

I scoff, “How could I forget?”

Now Vlad looks even more determined to show that he didn't mean any harm, yeah right. He's oblivious to my sarcasm as he says, “Well like an hour later, a vampire hunter came to Kim's house while I was texting you, and saw that I cared about you. He said that if I wanted no harm to come to you, I would never talk to you again. I didn't want you to be hurt. So, I told you I hated you and if I ever said I loved you it was all a lie.” His voice is like ice, cold and hard, and he squeezes his eyes shut, as if the memory hurts him.

I can' believe it, why is he lying to me, like he did last time, I open my mouth to say something sassy. But instead, my voice comes out scared and hurt as I say, “What could hurt more than a broken heart?”

His face goes hard and his eyes get stormy and he says, “Your life being taken away.”

part 3 haha i expect around 12 parts or so =]

teenbookworm14 PLATINUM, Plainfield, Connecticut

"Nothing gold can stay" -Robert Frost

aww! cant wait for the next part :)