A Deep Secret Part 3 | Teen Ink

A Deep Secret Part 3

September 14, 2010
By JustAGirlNextDoor SILVER, Peachland, North Carolina
JustAGirlNextDoor SILVER, Peachland, North Carolina
5 articles 6 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
I think my favorite quote is
"Would you rather me tell you the truth and make you sad or lie and make you happy".


I shivered in the cold autumn air, it had been three days since the so called 'accident' and I still hadn't seen Jacob.
I was use to only seeing him when he brought Andy over for practice, so it wasn't a big thing that I hadn't seen him since then.
I had stopped walking trying to warm myself when something rolled to a stop beside me.
I looked down, it seemed to be a glass ball or something.
I picked it up and held it in my palm, it was about the size of one one of those tiny bouncing balls that I would buy for kids, and it looked like pure crystal.
I held it up towards the sun and watched as it made little rainbows, it was so pretty, I wondered whose it was.
As though listening to my mind, Jake appeared out of nowhere, he looked surprised to see me.
"Leah! What are you doing here?"
I smiled at him, "I should be asking you the same question, this is my street, remember?"
He slightly smiled, "Yeah I know I was just looking for--". He looked sharply at my right hand, which was still holding the crystal ball, 'Where did you get that?"
I shrugged, "I found it lying here so I picked it up...Is it yours?"
Instead of answering he swiftly, but gently plucked it from my hand, he gave me a strained smile, "Yeah its mine thats what I came here for".
He turned and started walking away, "Bye Leah".
I watched him walk away, That was strange, I thought as I continued walking, I had known Jake for only about a year and I was pretty sure he had never acted like this.
I walked up my small driveway and went inside the house, trying to get warm. My dad poked his head from insde the kitchen and told me quietly, "Ace is here I sent him to your bedroom to wait for you".
I groaned as I walked upstairs, Ace Sheppard was the last person I wanted to talk to, and yeah you probably by now caught on that my dad, My Dad, sent a guy to my bedroom, especially a guy I didn't like, like that, but it was normal.
I have known Ace ever since I was five, his parents had died in 911 and he ended up 'living' with us.
Well, he eats lunch and dinner with us, and sometimes I would come home to find him sleeping on the couch in my room!
I slowly made my way upstairs, I didn't want to fight with Ace, I knew I was going to fight with Ace if I went up there but I knew that if I stayed downstairs he would come down and drag me up there.
Why? Well Ace tended to get a little protective.....and annoying.
I opened my door slowly and was welcomed to darkness. Confused I walked to my desk to turn on my lamp.
I heard the door close behind me, but I didn't pay attention to it. I clicked on my lamp and turned around and just barely muffled a scream.
Ace was looking down at me, glaring, his face inches from mine.
"Where have you been?" he demanded.
You see what I mean, too protective and annoying, "I was talking to Jacob".
Ace not only glared but scowled at me, "You should stay away from him".
I glared back at him, "Why? Is it illegal to talk to a boy I know?"

"No I just don't trust him".

"Of course you don't".

"Whats that suppose to mean!?"

I shrugged, which he didn't like, but still he gave in. Sinking to my couch he burried his head in his hands and I sighed.
I tried not to laugh, Ace was tall, He was like 6'2 and was really built. Most people couldn't tell because he wore baggy clothes, but I had seen him a couple of times without his shirt on and...well lets just say friends should see there friends with their shirts on.
And he was sorta what people would call scary, he had this 'special' glare that he would give you when he was mad and it was scary, I mean really scary.
It didn't help when he pushed his black hair out of his face, the you would see his vivid green eyes, and you would totally forget what he was saying and doe what ever he wanted.
His hair was really long, nothing emo or anything, just like he didn't bother to cut it.
Ace looked up at me, "Leah why are you staring at me".
I popped out of imaginary land and amiled, "Nothing just thinking".
He pushed himself off the couch and came to stand by me, "I'm sorry I yelled, next time tell me where your going".
He turned and left with a 'I'm going to make dinner'.
I glared at the closed door, what on earth was the matter with this guy?


The author's comments:
Hope you guys like it!!!!!