Midnight Sky | Teen Ink

Midnight Sky

October 15, 2010
By Misstonijean BRONZE, Wellston, Michigan
Misstonijean BRONZE, Wellston, Michigan
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is friendship on fire.


The snake on the branch was staring me in the eye while I was walking downan abandoned trail. It was dark. All I heard was noises like a twig snapping, creepy birds squaking like they were dying. It was a full moon out tonight. It was kinda creppy looking. The moon was big, and round, it was an organish color. As I kept walking, I heard a growling/howling noise. It sounded really close. It's probably a lost dog or something. So I just kept walking and thought nothing of it. Then I heard the same sound again. But, this time, closer. Now, I was starting to panic a little. I picked up my pace a little bit. Hoping that this thing that was following me would go away. But it still was there. Growling and howling. I turned aroud and seen two bright yellow eyes. Just staring at me. His eyes looked like they had pain. I looked deeply in his eyes. Breathing hard. As this creature blinked, he turned into this human. As he transformed, he had no clothes on. I gave him sweatshirt so he has something on. I asked his name. "Bryant" He said with his deep, calming voice that gave me goosebumps. "..Yours?" He asked. "Emalyn." I said with a shy, quivering voice. He grabbed my hand. He looked like he was 17. "How old are you?" I asked.
"Almost 17. You?"
"15." I said. We started walking together.
"I'm sorry if I scared you. But I couldn't help but follow you. You're just so pretty."
"Uhm, thanks?" I said shyly.
"Hey, I got to get home." I said.
"Can I walk you? I would feel much safer." He said.
"Shure."
He grabbed my hand. As we walked up to my front door. I gave him a hug and walked through my front door.
I went up to my room and went to sleep. I woke up. I had a dream about Bryant. I walked back to that same spot. He was there.
"I have something to tell you." We both said at the same time.
"You first" he said.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too..."