Ironic Beep | Teen Ink

Ironic Beep

By Firework2013 BRONZE, Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
Firework2013 BRONZE, Wattsburg, Pennsylvania

Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, They were in the car. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, it was night the lights shining in the car from the town. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, they were laughing and the radio was on. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, the stopped at a red light. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, he turned kissed her and mouthed, I love you. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* She mouthed I love you back. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, the light turned green, and he went to pull a head. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*.

That was all she could remember, the beeping wouldn’t let her remember anymore. She couldn’t think, she had to fight to recall what she had. She kept her eyes closed, thinking. Thinking what had happened. I love you, he told her, and she loved him back that was all that mattered. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*.

She remembered, she turned her head at the sound of a horn. Something big, no giant, had, what had it done. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*. The light was green right? She thought and thought and thought. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* Yes the light was defiantly green. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*. Pain, in her right arm, she jerked as she saw something hit her, and unbearable pain shot through her arm. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*.

She opened her eyes. She was in an empty room, and the annoying beep was coming from on of those heart machines. She knew what happened, a truck had hit them, while they were driving, being perfectly happy. She had just started to get angry when a doctor came into the room. At least she thought he was a doctor, he was wearing a white coat so he had to be.

“Oh good your awake!” Duh she wanted to say. She, however thought that wouldn’t be very nice.

“How long have I been asleep.” Her voice was wispy from not talking in she had no idea how long.

“Oh about a week.” A week, one week, she had not talked in one whole week.

“Your parents will be glad to hear you awake. I’ll have a nurse get them for you. Your mother hasn’t left your side. Your dad had to make her go eat.” The doctor joked making light work of what she thought would be big.

“Why am I here?” Her wispy voice said.

“Well, I think I’ll let your parents tell you.”

“Can you tell me anything?” She asked doubtful. The doctor must have heard the doubtfulness in her voice because he chuckled and said.

“Well looks like you have a concussion, and you broke your arm. You were asleep for quite some time there. However other then being banged up a bit I think you’ll be fine.” He smiled and winked at her as he went to walk out of the room.

“Thank you.” She said not sure if he heard her. Then she heard him shot a quite you welcome and knew he had. She closed her eyes, she was really tired and fell back asleep.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*, still in the hospital. She thought when she woke up. This time when she opened her eyes the room was full. Her mom, dad, and one of her brothers were there. They didn’t notice at first. Her mom was by the window looking out, her dad reading a magazine in the corner. Her brother she noticed, however was looking right at her. He smiled, but didn’t say anything.

She wanted to smile back, but couldn’t. She knew, she felt it in her heart and no one had to tell her.

“What happened?” She said her voice not so wispy. Her mom shot away from the window.

“Oh good your awake I thought the doctor was lying to us.”

“What happened?” She repeated. Her mom and dad looked at each other uneasily. Her brother got up and left the room.

“What happened?” She asked for what she hoped would be the last time. Her dad took a deep breath. It was her mother however who answered.

“It was a truck driver. He hadn’t sleep in a while. Was to tired her didn’t see the car.” Her voice hitched. “He ran the red light not even thinking. He saw the car to late. He tried to-”

“He honked, I remember that. Why didn’t he sleep.”

“He said something about having to get home.” It was her dad who spoke now. “It was he’s sons birthday the next day. He had to finish his delivery so he could be there.” She nodded her head.

“Honey we have something to tell you.” Her mom said, her brother walked back in and leaned against the door jam. A single tear feel from her eye.

“No you don’t. I know. I’m tired now. I want to sleep.” She closed her eyes. She heard her mom crying, and her dad leading her out of the room. She opened her eyes and saw her brother.

“How’d you know?” He said coming in and sitting down.

“I don’t know I just did. Jason’s dead, I knew the moment I woke up. Maybe I knew before I woke up. All I know is he’s gone. And I’ll never be able to tell him I love him ever again.” She closed her eyes and silently cried, and heard her brother leave the room. When she had told Jason she loved him, she meant it. She may never feel this way again. Then again she might. She didn’t know. All she knew, was Jason was gone, and she was tired. So she feel asleep again. Hoping to sleep the pain away. Not in her arm, that didn’t hurt as bad as the pain in her heart did. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*.

Before she feel asleep she thought, Ironic, the noise that annoys me, is the same nose noise that was suppose to save Jason’s life. Funny, not funny ha, ha but funny. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*