Danny and Noelle- Part 2 | Teen Ink

Danny and Noelle- Part 2

By love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. -Mae West

"Danny, I know I not that far along, but still...."

I trailed off and gazed out the window. As of now, my life would never be the same. My life, as I had come to know it, ceased to exist. Danny came over and wrapped his arms around my waist, and I tried to shake free of his grip. The one thing (out of many) that I love about him is that he never lets go. I turn and glare at him, but all he does is laugh. "Hey, I'm serious! Let go please!" I reach over and pretend to punch him in the face. He steps back in mock shock and falls to the ground.

"Noelle, why do you abuse me?! What did I ever do to you?!"

Quickly, I jump down and wrestle with him. After he, with the help of his asteroid-sized muscles, pins me to the ground, we roll over on our backs and laugh until tears are streaming down our faces. Finally, we sit up, he pulls me close, buries his head in my hair and says, "Anyways, what were you saying?"

"Danny, I'm just worried about school. I mean, who can we trust to tell? If we tell the wrong people, it'll get around fast. And then if we don't tell, I can only hide the bump for so long."

I'm at a loss for words, and he can tell that I'm worried. It's strange how we have an uncanny ability to sense each others emotions. His grip around my waist tightens as he whispers,

"Hey, I can't tell you how it's going to work out, but I know how great of a girl you are. You have so many great friends, and they'll be there for you the whole time."

"I hope you're right, Danny. I really do."

As I glance over at the digital clock on the coffee table, I see the glare of green numbers flashing 9:15.

"Gosh dang it. Danny, you were supposed to watch the clock! You know my curfew is at 9:30." I sigh and stand up to stretch, all the while glaring over at him. I can't help but laugh at the puppy-dog look on his face, which quickly gives way to frustration.

"Seriously, Noelle? Are you serious? Do you really expect me to remember your curfew after everything that has happened today?! Gosh, Noelle. I love you, but sometimes I wonder about you."

"Hey, I'm carrying your baby, so watch it. But you do have a good point. I'm sorry." As I stand up on my tiptoes to kiss him goodbye, he picks me up and grabs my purse. "Danny, what do you think you are doing? Put me down right now!" I glare over at him, my eyebrows furrowed in a glare. All that little brat does is laugh at me and throw me over his shoulder. "Danny! What are you trying to do?! Let me go!" Now he's got me laughing, and I'm hitting at his back, trying to make him put me down.

"Relax, girl. You're not going anywhere, except out to your car. Settle down and enjoy the ride." He looks back at me and winks, and all I can do is roll my eyes at him. I can't help but love the playful side to him, but sometimes I just want to get on with what I'm doing and not be bothered.

This piece is a mixture of inspiration from different things at school, the TV show Teen Mom, and just my perspective on the whole thing. Please note I am not trying to be discriminatory. I want this to be as realistic as possible, so please feel free to leave comments and pointers and please rate! Thanks so much everyone :)

Kev-Girl SILVER, Plymouth, Indiana

Life is a maybe. Death is for sure. Sin is the cause. Christ is the cure. :)

Love is the breath of God, and prayer is the melody that makes it sing.

If you cant annoy someone, there's no point in writing.

Love is overrated, marry for money.

I like the story so far, and I cant wait to read more.  I know some people who were teen moms, and so far I think you are doing a pretty good job of writing this in their perspective. I would just suggest adding a little more fear in it, to make it more life like. Cause teen moms are usually pretty scared when it comes to this. But anyways, keep writing!