One Last Kiss | Teen Ink

One Last Kiss

By TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

She opened her eyes. All she could see was the red glow of her alarm clock. She looked at the time 5:30 A.M. She rolled onto her side and looked at the man laying in bed next to her, breathing lightly. She smiled. He was in a deep sleep, probably dreaming about some football game that never happened.
She climbed out of bed and ran a hot shower while wipping the sleep from her eyes. she had a long day ahead and a long week ahead.

She dressed quickly not wanting to miss her flight for which she had reschuduled twice this week. She passed by her room again seeing him wrapped in his blanket. She couldn't leave without seeing him again. She sat on her side of the bed seeing him still deep asleep. So she leaned in and kissed him lightly on the lips not wanting to wake her sleeping angel, but as she was pulling away from him, his eyes inched open. With a smiled he said " whats wrong babe? Another nightmear?". She loved the way he would hold her when she had bad dreams and almost said yes just be have him wrap his arms around her, but she replied with a smile " no Its six ten". He opened his eyes slightly more and said " Oh, are you sure you have to go today?", he said pulling her next to him. She took a deep breath feeling tempted to pull the blanket back up to her chin and cuddle up next to him. " I wish, I could lay here all day and you know that, I'm sorry for waking you, I just couldn't leave without giving you one last kiss", she said looking into his eyes.
He sat up in bed and pulled the covers off of him, then he slid his arm around her back and stood up holding her in his arms. " I am not letting you leave before I get one last kiss", he said with a smile. She could see herself in his eyes and knew thats where she belonged, she sent a little prayer to god as he kissed her, for her flight to be canceled.