The best friend and the boyfriend chapter 1 | Teen Ink

The best friend and the boyfriend chapter 1

November 23, 2010
By SmileyFace94 SILVER, Queens, New York
SmileyFace94 SILVER, Queens, New York
7 articles 0 photos 35 comments

It was during first period, when I first noticed that things between us would never be the same. I was finishing up my next classes summer assignment when I felt a pair of eyes on me. I know you cant really know when someone is looking at you, especially if your head is not up, but I just felt.. I don’t know a presence or something. So I look up and see a boy looking at me with such an intense gaze. But it’s not one of those ‘ we look into each other and fall into each others eyes’ kind of moments. Because honey, that only happens in movies and book, see the boy looking at me is Anthony Tomasella a.k.a. my best friend. Anthony has slept with pretty much every girl in the junior class.. And most of the senior girls too. Don’t get me wrong, he is very good looking, with green eyes and hair that looks like he just woke up, which on most people would look like they have bad hygiene, but on him it makes him look sexy. And don’t get me stated on his body. When the boy takes off his shirt the teachers even stare. Again, I don’t blame them. But he’s such a jerk, or at least he use to be a jerk. I spend the majority of my summer with him, since my boyfriends went away , and he’s changed. he’s still a bit of smart mouth, but surprisingly he hardly uses it on me. I even sort of gained a crush on him. Okay, so it’s more than a crush. I like him, like really like him. This past summer I spent with him is probably one of the best summer ever. Though some of the things we did I will never tell my boyfriend, like sleeping over his house it’s not like we did anything, I mean we just slept in the same bed. Though I’m pretty sure something could’ve happened if I let it. And secretly I wish I did. But it’s only a little crush right? Me and Anthony have been friends since junior high, and I’m sure everyone gets crushes on there best friend at least once. I’m sure it will go away once I spend more time with Sean. Besides, it’s not like I’m going to do anything about it . Even if I wanted to, I cant because Anthony is my boyfriend’s best friend.
“ Bad girl, doing your homework during class. Too busy with Sean to get some good grades?” he whispers smirking at me.
“ Oh shut up Anthony” I whisper back. “ Ohh man, your telling me you guys still haven’t-
“ Mr. Thomasella would you like to share with us what you are whispering to Miss Vega ?” Mr. Shadford asked.
“ We were debating on weather you know where babies come from, Mr. Shadford” he answers smirking . The class erupted in laughter while the teacher’s face turned the color of an apple.
“ Enough, Mr. Thomasella , one more smart remark and I’m sending you to the dean’s office”
“ okay Mr. Shadford” Anthony says in a innocent voice. Gosh that was close, for a second I though he would tell him what we were really talking about. Well at least now I can get back to my home- BEEP!! There went the bell, great now I’ll get in incomplete. “ hey, cassie! God, I feel so bad for you. I cant believe you have to sit next to Anthony” Mandy says with a sympathetic look. Mandy has been my best friend since the fourth grade, we’ve been through everything together,
“ yeah, I know. Global class is going to be a blast” I say sarcastically. Mandy laughs and heads to her class. School went by in a blur. During lunch I met up with Sean, Mandy and unfortunately(fortunately?) Anthony. Of course Anthony put his two sense in about how me and Sean have ‘sealed the deal’. those his words not mine. He loves to make jokes on how we haven’t gone all the way, just because he sleeps with all his girlfriends in the first 2 weeks. And I know Sean wants to, I’m just not sure I’m ready to go all the way. Or even go with him at all. The summer has messed with my head and I’m not sure what I want anymore.
After school finished we met outside of Anthony’s car. We usually go to the park and smoke a joint and just chill. Yeah, I know, smoking is bad for you but I don’t usually smoke.
“ So are you going to the party tomorrow? Mandy asked us. “sure why not, you know I cant resist a party” I said. We all decide that were going to meet at the party tomorrow, and then head off to go home. Mandy lives right next to the park so only me and Sean need a ride home. While in the car, Sean starts kissing me. He kisses me in a way that usually makes me go crazy but today it just doesn’t seem to faze me. When I look up I see Anthony looking at me through the rearview mirror. “well were here” Anthony says. “ can you come over” Sean asks and the we he says it make me know we would be doing more than kiss. “ can’t ,my mom wants me home” I say and the moment I say it I know he knows I’m lying, “ You know what, just forget it.” he says getting out of the car and walking to his house without looking back.
“ um..” Anthony looks at me and I can see the words forming already. “ Don’t say anything, just don’t” I say. We ride the whole way in silence and when we get to my house I’m not sure what to say. “ Cassie, what going on between you and Sean?” he asks. “ Nothing. I don’t know.” I answer. “look, I can’t really talk to you about this. I’ll just see you tomorrow” I open the door and get out the car.
“ Hey Clara?” I turn around and look at Anthony, really look at him and his face is a mix of emotions from concern, questioning to confusion. “ I don’t know what going on, but why be with someone if your not happy?” he says. “ I am happy” I say only half lying. “ No your not, I spent the whole summer with you, and I’ve learned a thing or two about how you are. And right now I know you’re a mess”
“ Gee thanks Anthony” I say sarcastically. “ Since when did you start paying attention to anyone’s feeling? I asked “ Since you’ve become important to me” he answered looking at me with that intense gaze that made me want to do crazy things. “ uh thanks, I guess. But there’s nothing to worry about. I’ll see you tomorrow” I say and walk to my house before he can get another word in.