Green Eyes Ch. 5 | Teen Ink

Green Eyes Ch. 5

By Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas
Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas

"If they think you're crazy they won't mess with you."

We walked in to Science together, talking about the teachers and complaining about Mr. McMath - turns out he doesn't like her much, either. We took a table as far away from Madison as possible. Mrs. Saline was chatting with Madison, who was sitting up on her table, her hair dangerously close to a bottle that said - DANGER! Corrosive!

"I hope it gets her hair," The blonde girl said.

I laughed, but then I realized I had no idea what her name was. "I hope so, too. So, what's your name?" I questioned, grinning sheepishly.

She laughed, too. "Oops. I'm Airleata. It's... a weird name. But weird isn't always bad, right?"

"Definately. Normal is so overrated."

We started laughing harder at that, which got Mrs. Saline's attention. "Girls, what is so funny?" She demanded, her voice cold.

"We were just laughing at a joke from lunch, Mrs. Saline," I told her, my cheeks a little red from laughing.

"If you think it's so funny, why don't you share it with the whole class?"

"It's an inside joke. No one else would understand it," Airleata said, wiping a tear from her eye.

Mrs. Saline just huffed and continued her conversation with Madison, whose hair was only a centimeter away from the acid.

"Come on... come on..." I muttered, staring at the acid bottle. Airleata was doing the same. The bell rang, and Madison slipped getting off her desk. Her hair went a full inch into the acid, but she didn't seem to notice it.

Other people did, though. Apparently not EVERYONE loved her. A lot of people were pointing, whispering, and hiding their laughs. Apparently people only went along with her so they wouldn't be targeted.

Mrs. Saline started class, but she hadn't noticed Madison's hair. "Girls, put your hair up in a pony tail if it's longer than your shoulders. Push or roll up all long sleeves so they don't get in the way.

My black and red (the red was highlights) hair was just above my shoulder and spiky, which meant I didn't have to put it in a hair piece. I was extremely happy, because Mrs. Saline did not look happy.

The whole period I wasn't really paying much attention to what we were doing. I was busy trying to not laugh at Madison's hair. And I was trying really hard to not blow Airleata and myself up. I wasn't any good with chemicals.

Finally, the bell rang, and everyone was still in one piece. Although the whispering and stifled laughing had gotten louder throughout the period.

"I wonder if anyone's going to tell her?" Airleata laughed.

"I don't think so," I replied. "It doesn't seem as though she has many friends."

"Except for the girls that worship her. Oh, well. They probaly have no idea what it's like to have your own life. Where are you going next?"

"Social Studies." I shivered. That was one of my worst subjects. "You?"

Airleata groaned. "P.E."

"Today's dodgeball, by the way. Have fun." I gave her a sympathetic smile and a small wave before heading to S.S. with Ms. Ariata.

She was actually a pretty cool teacher, as long as no-one was being a troublemaker. Everyone - all the good kids, actually - loved her, which included me. I wasn't very good at the subject, but I didn't spend the period chatting my head off. Who would I talk to, anyways?

Today we were working on maps. I think we were mapping the US before the French and Indian War. We had to name everything, name who it belonged to, and draw the boundaries ourselves. I was so glad we got to use the book.

It took the whole period, and when the bell rang, we all handed our maps in. Mine was one of the few finished ones. I felt extremely proud of myself. But that feeling didn't last forever. Eventually I had to bump - literally - into the demoness herself.

"Watch where you're going, freak," Madison spat at me. When she saw who I was, though, her eyes became full of fire and hatred. "You!" She screeched, which made everyone's head turn. Some people scurried away real quickly, others walked back into the shadows, and others grinned. They looked like they wanted to watch a fight. Not wanting to get into a fight and sent to the office for the second time that week, I put my head down and walked a little quicker. Apparently she recognized me. She grabbed my backpack and pulled me back. This was the first time I ever hated myself for wanting to get red highlights. "Don't you walk away from me!" She spun me around so I was staring at her face. It looked like she had at least a half-inch of make-up on. "You made my boyfriend break up with me. I'm going to make you pay."

Adrian walked around the corner, and boy was I glad to see him. He had about multiple emotions cross his face in a second - surprise, relief, fear, concern, and then finally, realization. "Madison! Dani! What's going on?" He quick walked over to us and pried Madison's white fingers off my backpack.

"This little -" She began, but stopped when Mrs. Lovelie walked around the corner.

"What's going on here?" Mrs. Lovelie asked, walking over to us. She seemed so calm. "I saw a group of students hurrying away from here and decided to come and check it out. Could someone please explain?" At once, everyone except Madison, Adrian, and I started to talk. She held up her hand, and they stopped. "Actually, I think it'd be best if only one person explained what happened."

She looked directly at me, and her chocolate brown eyes made me relax a bit. Madison turned red, but no-one took any notice. A few of the people behind her started snickering, and I figured they had noticed her hair. I took a deep breath and explained the past minute or two, up until the point when she walked around the corner. I left nothing out, added nothing in, and exaggerated nothing.

"I see." She turned to Madison. "What is your side of this story?"

Madison's face returned to normal, and she smirked. She explained to Mrs. Lovelie how I - as apparently the mean new girl - had been pushing her around. And when Madison had calmly tried walking away, I grabbed her by the hair. Everything was a complete lie.

"I see." Mrs. Lovelie showed no emotion at all, and turned to Adrian. "Which one do you think is correct?"

His green eye locked onto me. "Dani was telling the complete truth."

Mrs. Lovelie nodded and smiled a little. I guess she had known from the beginning what had happened. She trusted me. Madison wasn't very happy about the comment, though. She was turning as red as her hair. "Ms. Nite, would you please accompany me to the office? I'm sure we have a lot to talk about."

I breathed a sigh of relief. I looked up at Adrian, and he was smiling. "It feels good to get her in trouble."

I laughed and nodded. "It feels good to not be in trouble." I checked the nearest clock. "Time to get to class. I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He nodded and turned away. "Oh, um, actually, Adrian...?" He turned back to me. "Thank you." I turned red, spun on my heel, and ran off to the next class.

Sorry it took so long to get this up! Arkansas and Thanksgiving Break... Hope I didn't make you guys mad at me!

Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas

Alright! Awesomeness! I submitted the sixth chapter, and hopefully it's not messed up this time... XD

Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas

*sigh* The second submission had the same issue, so I just decided to delete it. I'm so sorry, but I have no idea what the heck is wrong with it. >.<

Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas

I have resubmitted this chapter, but for some reason it's taking a while longer...

Oh, and when it gets accepted, please read my novel. It's only the first chapter, but I hope it's good...

Dayne22 SILVER said...
Dayne22 SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico

"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication"- Leonardo DaVinci "Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are" -Markus Zusak "I'm just trying to be me... Whoever that is" Unknown

ya im not going to lie...it does...but once you get it it's still really good :D

Lonleydandy said...
Hahaha, okay. The story itself was fine, it was just the annoying &quot...hahahaha

Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas

It does, but it makes it harder to read it, don't you think?

Dayne22 SILVER said...
Dayne22 SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico

I see what happened...Im pretty sure that the '&quot' means quotations...

Writing-Otaku GOLD, Spring, Texas

OK, something is seriously wrong with this one. Please just ignore this one, and I'll re-submit it. Hopefully corrected.